style inspiration: kim kardashian

kim

Oh, Kimmy... This woman right here is the kind of person you either love or hate. There's no in between. She has been one of the most talked about celebrities of our generation - mostly in a bad way, let it be known -, but continues to mystify and make tons of ink run on the press for her and the Kardashian family. I personally love her. While some of her actions are questionable to say the least and the Kardashian brand is starting to wear out with people, she handles the press and the (immense) negative attention flawlessly. What truly captivates me, though, is her style and her rocking curves. Huh?! Let me explain: we are both the same height (5'2''), we both are curvy women, so it's only natural I'll look up to her for inspiration on what to wear with my body type. Surely she has had some very big misses, but she's also had some fabulous hits. She's very creative and always up to be adventurous with fashion and that's what I'll share with you today! So without further ado, here are some of my favorite Kim Kardashian looks:

coat game

Kim's coat game has been out of this world amazing this Fall. As you all know I'm obsessed with big, chunky coats this season and Kim nails this look perfectly despite her petite frame. These coats are to die for and they look so warm and beautifully chic! Both from Maxmara I believe, definitely on my (dream big) wishlist, love them so much.

grunge chic

One thing I love about Kim is that she can step out in the most sophisticated little outfit on her day-to-day life just as much as she can rock some serious grunge outfits like it's nobody's business. This is totally me every single day of my life: one day I wake up and feel like I wanna channel Grace Kelly and be chic and glamorous going to college or I just literally feel like throwing on my leather jacket, biker boots and tartan shirt and be done with it. Either way, Kim manages to look fabulous in both situations, and these are some of my favorite casual looks of hers. 

princess kim

Can we talk about how absolutely gorgeous Kimmy looks on her red carpet events?! Sure, some days she tries to experiment and goes a little overboard, but when she decides to be chic and embrace her curves instead of hiding them... boy, it's magical. Alas, her red carpet dresses were most definitely my inspiration when the time came to find some pointers for my prom dress. I loved so many of her looks but I absolutely fall in love with the white Lanvin dress she wore in 2011 (second picture). It was glamorous but still embraced all her gorgeous womanly curves! I chose to have mine done in a royal blue shade and my super, insanely, immensely talented grandma made it just perfect.

gym beauty

I love the fact Kim is so active and is always looking for her next workout, just like me. Her gym attire is a lot similar to mine: I want the most comfort possible and don't understand how some people think the gym is a runway and go there with crop tops, a full face of makeup and super tiny shorts. A sports bra, a black tank top, knee-length leggings and my Nike's are my go-to look at the gym, and my girl Kim understands me just perfectly.

rocking curves

Last but not least... the famous Kim Kardashian curves. I absolutely adore them. I used to be quite self conscious about my curves, I have very large thighs, a big butt but am so tiny on the breast and tummy area. While some people feel it's best to hide their curves, Kim has shown me it's absolutely okay to embrace them for the beauty they are! Sometimes we look up to the wrong images and role models who tells us we need to starve ourselves to meet society's ideals of beauty. We all have to feel comfortable with our bodies, so we must look up to those who have similar body types than us and feel confident about our curves or lack thereof. There's no cookie cutter attitude for me, I know my body and I've grown to absolutely love my curves, so much that my prom dress highlighted them and I got so much praise for this! Bottom line is, love yourself. Doesn't she look absolutely gorgeous?! Curvy ladies, you are doing it right! Shake that delicious booty of yours! It's large, it's fabulous, and we love it! 

---

I decided to start a new little category here dedicated to my style inspirations. They will be varied and different from one another but I pick up little bits and bobs from every one of them and then make up my own style. Hope you enjoy! Have a great last days of 2013, my loves. Hope your 2014 is awesome! 

Comments

back to top