a reminder for you, a reminder for me

7
5
4
6

(Vintage Shirt, Pull&Bear Jeans, Parfois Wedges, Blanco Belt)

I wasn’t even going to talk about this today, but as I was editing these photos, I found myself thinking about just how vicious us women actually are. You know, as women, we should all be like a chummy group of people who mutually support each other because, in the end, we all suffer from the same ill fate: cellulite, boobs, hips, periods, PMS-ing, a bit of acne, yo-yo weight, men looking down on us… so it’s really freaking ridiculous how our favorite pastime is to tear each other down.

“Oh man, she’s just too darn fat”, “oh man, she’s a bag of bones!”, “holy macaroni, the hips on that girl!”, “gosh, did you see that girl with purple hair?”, and so on, so forth. AND, let us all not wipe guilt off our shoulders because we all, at one point or another, made a comment or 2,896 like these. Yes, myself included.

Let me tell y’all, there’s no perfect body type. It pisses me off that there’s this general consensus of what a woman should look like. Every single body on every single person is worthy of praise and love and respect, period. Barring any bad health problems your body type may cause you, we need to work for the body we feel the best in. Skinny girls, y’all keep doing your thing. Curvy girls, y’all keep doing your thing. Big butt? Awesome! Pancake butt? Amazeballs! It’s literally that simple. I don’t understand why hearing the words “you look skinnier!” are like a pat in the back, a compliment even. Even for myself. Maybe “you look curvier!” should be one, too. I don’t know, man… Women live under so much pressure and scrutiny, it’s insane and ridiculous and absolutely mindboggling.

We all have a type. I, personally, love seeing a curvy woman (and a curvy man!). That’s not to say I don’t find skinny men and skinny women beautiful, because I do. Immensely. Wear what you love, look the way you want to look, dye your hair purple if that’ll make you happy… only your opinion and happiness matters. “A lion doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” Right on!

FYI, the plan today was to talk about denim on denim, but I got a little sidetracked as per usual. My one and only question to y’all is, am I a bit too reminiscent of Justin and Britney’s massive fail a century ago? #neverforget! Plus, holy cow, how high waisted are these jeans? HEEEEA-VEN!! Ta-ta, loves, see you soon!

Comments

  1. love all the denim!! <3

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristin! So sweet of you to say! Happy Easter! xxoo

      Delete
  2. I love the Canadian tuxedo on you!

    beck daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! Oh, Jill, I had to Google 'Canadian tuxedo' before replying. LOVE! Thank you! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top