It's Christmas Time: the tree

IMG_6391
You know that Christmas cheer that infected me out of nowhere this year? It got my brain into festive gear like never before. Suddenly I, that person who never even took any particular interest in Christmas decorating and all that jazz that comes along with the season, was making plans in my head about what Christmas tree I wanted this year, the ornaments, the theme and all those little things that completely evaded me before. 

Sabem aquela febre do Natal que me contagiou do nada este ano? Pois bem, pôs-me a pensar em todos os aspetos desta época festiva. De repente eu, aquela pessoa que nunca quis saber do Natal nem de decorar árvores e todas as coisas que vêm com a época, encontrei-me a fazer planos acerca de tudo e mais alguma coisa: que árvore escolher? De que cor? Que ornamentos? Que tema? Todas aquelas coisinhas pequenas que me passaram completamente ao lado antes.

IMG_6384

Decision #1: a white tree. I knew I wanted a white Christmas tree since ever, but I frankly never cared a lot about the whole decorating process until this year, so I kind of let my mum deal with all the shenanigans in Christmases past. This year, however, I took charge of the whole thing (my mum gladly let me take over) and off we went in search of a white tree! This one is 180cm tall and you can find it here.

Decisão #1: uma árvore branca. Na verdade, sempre soube que queria uma árvore branca, mas francamente nunca tive muito interesse nestas coisas em anos passados, portanto deixei a minha mãe tratar da decoração. Este ano, porém, tomei a iniciativa e lá fomos nós em busca de uma árvore branca! Esta tem 180cm e podem encontrá-la aqui.

IMG_6396

Decision #2: all of the blue! I completely adore the colour blue, it's my absolute favourite ever and I couldn't help but incorporate it into my first ever tree! White, royal blue and silver... I'm in love with this combo. 

Decisão #2: todo o azul! Amo de paixão esta cor, é a minha cor preferida e não podia deixar de a incorporar na minha primeira árvore! Branco, azul e cinzento... Estou apaixonada por esta combinação.

Tree
IMG_6401

In the coming days we might add some more glitz and glam to our lovely little tree but so far I'm so pleased with my first go at Christmas tree decorating! Seriously, guys, it's not as easy as one might think, it took me bloomin' forever to get this just right. Oh, and now I can surely say... Happy Holidays, everyone! x

Nos próximos dias ainda devemos acrescentar mais algumas coisinhas à árvore mas, para já, estou super feliz com a minha primeira árvore de Natal! A sério, pessoas, isto é mais difícil do que parece. Levou-me quase a tarde toda a pôr tudo como eu queria... Ah, e agora já posso dizer: Festas Felizes, meus amores! x

Comments

back to top