April Photo Diary

April
I honestly can't cope with the fact that time is literally flying before our eyes. Seriously, tell me how are we nearly five months into 2016 when it feels like Summer 2015 was just two minutes ago!? I'm honestly flabbergasted (and very frightened, if I'm honest... Shuddering). Anyhoo, April has been and gone and, once more, it's been a really good month for me – why do I feel like I say that every month? Knock on wood, my good fortune is here to stay this time ;). Let's see what I was up to in the month of April 2016!

Honestamente, nem consigo acreditar que já estamos no quinto mês de 2016. Mas como?! Como é possível quando parece que o verão de 2015 acabou há dois minutos? Estou parva (e francamente assustada...) com a rapidez com o tempo passa, parece que já me vejo com 60 anos daqui a dois dias (ahah). Adiante, abril foi mais um mês bom, bom que só ele – por que é que parece que digo sempre isto? Pode ser que a minha sorte esteja para ficar desta vez... Batendo na madeira ;). Vamos lá ver o que o mês de abril de 2016 me trouxe!

April 1

  • This month I finally took the plunge and changed my hair colour. I knew I wanted lighter hair for spring and summer, but what I didn't know was how hard (and, frankly, bothersome) the process was. Dry, frizzy and matted hair awaited me, until I found the perfect haircare regimen to fight it. Read more about it here! // Decidi que era mesmo este mês que ia mudar a cor do meu cabelo. Queria uma cor mais clara para os meses mais quentes, mas não sabia o quão difícil (e, francamente, horrível) o processo seria. Cabelo seco, frisado e cheio de riças me esperava, até descobrir o tratamento perfeito para ele. Leiam mais aqui!
  • Self tanner has been trial and error for me, but I believe I found my perfect combo. I tried the Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 week tan and loved it, but I also found a drugstore alternative I've really been loving lately. More on this soon! // A minha história com autobronzeadores é feita de altos e baixos, mas acredito ter encontrado alguns produtos daqueles mesmo bons. Experimentei a mousse pHenomenal 2-3 week tan da Vita Liberata e gostei bastante, mas encontrei uma alternativa de supermercado que tenho a-ma-do. Conto mais em breve!

April 3

  • Of course I couldn't do a monthly round up without mentioning my (enormous) beauty purchases of the month! I truly splurged on MAC this month – last month too, to be fair – and got a few bits I really wanted to try, such as two new lipsticks (Angel and Brave), the Pro Longwear concealer and Otherearthly, a limited edition Mineralized Skinfinish. Full reviews on the two remaining products will be up very soon! // É claro que um resumo do mês não ficaria completo sem mencionar as minhas (muitas) compras de beauté! A MAC foi, novamente, a minha perdição e comprei algumas coisinhas boas: dois batons (Angel e Brave), o corretor Pro Longwear e o Mineralized Skinfinish na cor Otherearthly. Reviews do que falta muito em breve!
  • Finally got around to trying the super hyped Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced and, I gotta say... Believe the hype, people, because the hype speaks the truth. Expect a gushing review soon! // Finalmente decidi experimentar a super amada Better Than Sex da Too Faced e devo dizer-vos... Acreditem no que ouvem, minhas amigas, porque é tu-do verdade! Esperem uma review elogiosa assim que possível.
  • My new summer body cream by Rituals. Can you say love at first whiff? Utterly obsessed. // O meu novo creme corporal da Rituals. Posso dizer-vos que foi amor ao primeiro cheiro! Totalmente obcecada.

April 2

  • Kylie. Kylie. Kylie! The name on everyone's lips (hehe, pun intended) lately and I just had to try the ever so famous lip kits out for myself. Guess what?! They're nothing short of fantastic! I mean, I really gotta give it to the girl (even though she doesn't exactly make them)... These are so, so good! I have one of the glosses in So Cute (here) and the Candy K lip kit (here). Koko K shall be here next week and I simply cannot waaait! // Kylie. Kylie. Kylie! O nome que está sempre na baila ultimamente e, é claro, eu tinha de experimentar os super famosos lip kits. Adivinhem só, não é que o raio dos batons são espetaculares?! Tenho que elogiar a rapariga, porque são mesmo bons. Tenho um dos glosses na cor So Cute (aqui) e um lip kit na cor Candy K (aqui). O meu Koko K já está em Portugal e deve chegar para a semana! Yaaay!

April 5

  • MAC Angel, my new everyday shade. Such a beautiful light pink! // O Angel da MAC, o meu novo batom para o dia a dia. É um rosa claro super bonito!
  • A bit of shopping never killed nobody, am I right? Here's my new favourite combo: white and beige. Knitted sweater is Stradivarius, beige trousers are from Primark. // Umas comprinhas nunca mataram ninguém, certo? Aqui fica a minha combinação favorita do momento: branco e bege. Quem diria... O top bordado é Stradivarius e as calças beges são Primark.
  • I need a white waistcoat in my life, period. I'm just too picky and always find flaws in every item I see! This gorgeous one is by Stradivarius (the lapels were too big, sigh). // Preciso de um blazer sem manga na minha vida e ponto final. O problema é que sou demasiado picuínhas e arranjo sempre defeitos em todos qe vejo... Este (lindão) é Stradivarius, mas era muito largo.
  • Oysho's summer collection really is something this year. I already brought a swimsuit home with me, but I'm thinking the beachwear stuff might have to make a trip to casa May next month... // A coleção de verão da Oysho está mesmo qualquer coisa. Já comprei um fato de banho (lindo de morrer!), mas cheira-me que as roupas de praia também vão vir morar para a casita May no mês que vem...

April 4

  • And last, but certainly not least, girl time! I hadn't seen my girl friends properly in about four months, so this month we went out for a good hearty meal (that burger was ah-ma-zing), a Starbucks run and tried to fill each other in on our (very boring, at least mine) lives! Such good therapy. // E por fim, mas não menos importante, girl time! Já não via as minhas amigas há quase quatro meses (maldito trabalho), portanto este mês combinamos e fomos à gordice (aquele hamburger estava ma-ra-vi-lho-so), ao Starbucks, ao café para por a conversa em dia. A melhor terapia!
...

Follow me along on Instagram here or @franciscamayyy
Sigam tudo no Instagram aqui ou @franciscamayyy

Comments

back to top