Kylie Lip Kits: Worth The Hype?

15
The Kylie lip kits have been one of the most talked about beauty launches in ages. Since they're in such high demand and they don't come cheap, I figured I'd do a 'are they worth the hype' type of post, if you're thinking about getting these! It's been over a month since I got them through the post, so I've had enough time to formulate my opinion on these bad boys.

Os lip kits da Kylie são um dos produtos de beleza mais procurados de sempre. Visto que têm imensa procura e não serem nada baratos, pensei em fazer um post para perceber se valem a pena o investimento, já que já os tenho há mais de um mês e, como tal, já tive tempo suficiente para formular uma opinião sobre os mesmos. 

IMG_9893
Candy K on the lips

IMG_3491 Koko K on the lips

So, the shades I have are Candy K and Koko K, two of the most popular lip kits on the whole collection. It wasn't easy to get hold of these – Koko K especially, which ended up being my favourite of the two. Personally I find it to be more everyday appropriate because it's a pinky shade I've been loving lately. Candy K is more of a dark pinky brown on my lips, reminding me of (a slightly darker) Velvet Teddy. Read my review on Candy K here and Koko K here!

As cores que tenho são o Candy K e o Koko K, duas das cores mais populares da coleção. Não foi fácil pôr as mãos nestes meninos – principalmente no Koko K – mas já tenho uma opinião bem formada sobre ambos. O meu favorito é claramente o Koko K, por ser mais apropriado para o dia a dia, sendo um rosa mais claro que ando a amar. Já o Candy K é um rosa acastanhado, que me faz lembrar o Velvet Teddy, mas mais escuro e rosado. Espreitem a minha review do Candy K aqui e do Koko K aqui!

14

I admit: I was super caught up in all the Kylie Jenner lip kit hype and that's the primary reason I got these. Liquid lipsticks aren't what I reach for on a daily basis at all – I usually go for my MAC lippies in glossier finishes –, so these don't get a lot of wear. That's something that irks me, because these do not come cheap at 38€ a pop (with shipping included) and they aren't getting the wear I thought they would be. However, it isn't because I'm not obsessed with these colours, because I am, it's just that liquid lipsticks aren't my preferred choice for a long day at work, drying lips and all. That's not to say these are uncomfortable or overly drying, because they're absolutely not, but liquid lipsticks are always harsh on the lips and I'm constantly licking them unconsciously... 

Confesso: fui completamente varrida por esta hype toda em torno da Kylie Jenner e dos seus lip kits. Batons líquidos não são de todo os meus favoritos para o dia a dia – vou logo direta aos meus batons mais glossy da MAC –, portanto estes não vêem muito a luz do dia. Isso é algo que me chateia, porque não foram nada baratos... 38€ por cada (com shipping incluído), e não estão a ter o uso que achava que iam ter. Porquê? Não sei bem. A verdade é que adoro as cores de paixão, mas batons líquidos são bastante secos e não são a minha escolha para um dia de trabalho – basicamente a única altura em que me maquilho. Isto não quer dizer que os acho desconfortáveis, porque não o são de todo, mas qualquer batom líquido é mau para os lábios e deixa-os sempre ressequidos, portanto passo a vida a lambê-los...

IMG_3079

So, do I think these are worth it? I'm in two minds about it, honestly. In terms of formula and colours, I'd say definitely. The lip liners are amazing, the lipstick formula is super lightweight and opaque, but I can't wholeheartedly recommend these because of the whole buying and shipment process. I haven't been handed any customs fees for any of my orders – and I ordered in three separate occasions – but I know people who have been charged an obscene amount of money just to go through customs, and Kylie Cosmetics doesn't refund these like any good company would. Returns and lost packages aren't a thing for them, either: I've heard of a lot of people who have had their package completely vanish, losing their money and not getting any of it back. Missing lipkits are an issue, too, which would be something you'd expect to not happen given the amount of money you're shelling out. Regardless, are they super over hyped? Uhm, YES

Então, valem a pena? Honestamente, há prós e contras. A fórmula é, de facto, muito boa e toda a gente que gosta de batons líquidos irá apreciar o feeling quase impercetível nos lábios, já para não falar nos lip liners ma-ra-vi-lho-sos! Se secam os lábios? É claro, são batons líquidos afinal, mas nada por aí além – secam muito menos do que os Cream Lip Stain da Sephora, por exemplo, uma das minhas fórmulas favoritas. Mas há um senão bem grande: todo o processo de compra e shipping. Das três encomendas que fiz, nunca tive que pagar qualquer taxa aduaneira por passar pela Alfândega, mas conheço quem tenha pago valores verdadeiramente obscenos só por isso, e a Kylie Cosmetics não devolve o dinheiro gasto, como qualquer boa empresa o faz. Devoluções ou pacotes perdidos? Esqueçam, isso não interessa para eles. Já ouvi histórias de pacotes perdidos pela Europa e essas pessoas ficaram sem o dinheiro que pagaram e sem o produto, o que acho ser absurdo e quase criminoso. Pelo valor exorbitante que pagamos, merecemos um bom serviço de consumidor! Posto isto, são sobrevalorizados? Uhm, SIM!

Comments

back to top