let's share our fitness journey, #2


Oh hi, gorgeous people! How was this past week for you? Mine was super sunny and filled with some great, burning workouts, which are today's topic over at this little blog. I know what you're gonna say: "ayyyy Dios mio, not this again!" but, but, but... hear me out. All the talk in the world to motivate you to get fit will never, ever be enough, hence why I decided to create these regular fitness journey posts to motivate you and keep you on the right track to a fit and healthy life. (Sidenote: see post number one here.) Let's get started!










No use for excuses... because, to be fair, the only people fooled by your excuses is yourself. I'd honestly be filthy rich if I got a dollar for every excuse I've ever heard from people who want to start working out but don't because of this and that and a bowl of noodles. I definitely get it, I don't have a resolve of steel nor do I claim to! It's so much easier to absolutely waste away our lives in front of the TV. It's inexpensive, it doesn't exhaust you, it's fun if you're watching Catfish or Grey's Anatomy or the Kardashians (personal preferences, don't judge). All pros, right? No. Hell to the ever lovin' no. Why? Because you're slowly ruining your body and yourself. Your body image and self confidence will stay with you no matter what you choose to do in life. It's a given. Why would you want to damage your certainties in life? Are you willing to live in a constant moment where you look at yourself in the mirror and feel depressed by what stares back at you? No? Then start. Get going. Find what motivates you. Do cartwheels, bike outside, workout naked, light up 2,000 candles in the room, twist your body like a pretzel... it's okay. It doesn't matter how you do it. The imporant thing is... Just. Do. It.










Motivation is priceless... Let yours truly tell you a bedtime story. I like going to the gym and appreciate all the man candy around me. It makes me feel happy. It makes me say, "Holy cow, God. Ya did good up there. Hook a sister up! Thank you sweet baby Jesus, amen." This is my omen as I walk into the gym. Just kidding. Kind of. But anyway... find what motivates you. Find what the best part of working out/going to the gym is for you and focus on that. Don't turn working out into an awful chore some cruel, heartless person gave you. Make it into something you wake up and are actually excited to run towards. I'm always excited to run towards stolen glances, flirty smiles and just pure unadulterated smitten feelings (shhhhh). Smitten-ness. That's not a word in your world? My bad. Well, it just became one. You're welcome.










Register your progress... To me, this is totally an advantage. If not for anything else, it will always make you feel proud of all you've accomplished thus far and will set goals for everything you're yet to accomplish. Personally, when I'm feeling down or simply stuck, I look at the pictures of my progress and I have renewed faith and strength to carry on with this amazing, life changing journey. This may sound over the top and super cliché, but it's true: healthy body, healthy mind. You feel much more alert and empowered, like you're constantly breaking down barriers and boundaries people set for you. You guys, NO ONE can set any boundaries for you and me. We are the only ones who hold that power. We determine how far we can go. Remember this, because no truer words will ever be spoken by yours truly... thus far. Mwahah. But anyway.











Be passionate, enthusiastic, extraordinary... That's the basis of success for me. The perfect mixture, if you will. You have to do it all the way or no way at all. There's no halfway here. It's all in, diving deep, no looking back. It takes courage and commitment to do this, I know. But I'm with you in this journey. You're not doing it alone. You can do it. It burns, it stings, it aches... but it makes you stronger inside and out. How priceless is that? It doesn't get any better. The look on people's faces when you show them you CAN do it - for me it was my grandpa, who told me, "wow, you go hard!" after he doubted me so quickly, saying I'd die the first week. Prove them wrong and feel great about it. Take charge of your life and you'll reach anything. Here's week 9 for me. Still a long way to go, obviously, but I'm so pumped and excited to go the extra mile. So much more work to come for my abs, my legs, arms, core... but, most importantly, my mind. I'm motivated, excited and ready. I hope you are too! Hope you like these posts and that they reason with you in one way or the other. Have a fantastic week! You're amazing, strong and the best people I could ever ask for. 
















---

{ "Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window, 
Let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find... 
Reaching for something in the distance, 
So close you can almost taste it, 
Release your inhibitions... 
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else can speak the words on your lips
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins,
The rest is still...
Unwritten!" }

Comments

back to top