L'Oréal Prodigy

Loreal3
I love experimenting with my hair. I think it's so fun to change it up and not always stick to the same length, cut or colour and actually step out of our comfort zone a bit. It's that 'you only live once' philosophy and whatnot, hey? #dramatic

Anyway, my hair is naturally dark brown. I first dyed it when I was 17 and I thought to myself, 'well, go big or go home' ... so I dyed it red, haha. Though, for someone who wants to change their hair frequently like me, splashing 40€ a pop every few months felt absurd. Enter: at home colouring. 

For the summer, I wanted to go lighter than the usual blackish brown dye I favour, so when I popped into the supermarket to check out what colours and brands were available, the L'Oreal Prodigy range stood out. I don't know if this is new to me or a new product altogether, but I was definitely curious to give it a go. 

Loreal2

I chose the shade 5.30 Bronze (alternatively known as Tan) which is described as a natural medium golden brown. I was under no illusions that my hair would magically strip itself of the heavy black tint to it and immediately embrace this super lighter colour, but the results were really satisfying. 

Loreal

The product itself smells wonderfully, it has none of that unpleasantly strong chemical smell that most box hair dyes do. It comes with three products which consist of the dye itself, a thick creamy conditioner that you mix it with, and a final product that you coat your hair with when the dye has sunk in and been washed out to give it more shine. It's oil based and contains no ammonia, which is a major plus if you want a gorgeous colour without sacrificing the health of your hair. 

It's a definite yes for me and I'll definitely repurchase in a couple of months, perhaps in a lighter shade, who knows...

Adoro fazer experiências com o meu cabelo. Acho super divertido mudar de vez em quando, não ficar sempre presa àquele cabelo comprido que toda a gente usa e ir mudando o corte, a cor, o comprimento, etc. A vida são dois dias, não é verdade? #dramática

O meu cabelo é naturalmente castanho escuro. Pintei-o pela primeira vez quando tinha 17 anos e pensei para mim 'ora... se vou pintar, há que pintar à séria!' ... e então pintei-o de vermelho, haha. Mas, para mim, parecia absurdo pagar 40€ ou mais cada vez que me desse na cabeça mudar de cor, por isso decidi experimentar pintar o cabelo em casa. 

Para o verão, decidi pintar o cabelo de uma cor mais clara em vez do castanho quase preto que escolho sempre. Então, quando espreitei a gama L'Oreal Prodigy - costumo sempre comprar a gama Belady - fiquei curiosa e quis logo experimentar.

Escolhi a cor "Bronze", um castanho bem claro com madeixas quase loirinhas, apesar de saber que a cor nunca iria ficar assim em mim por causa da tinta quase preta com que frequentemente pinto o meu cabelo. Ainda assim, adorei o resultado!

O produto em si cheira mesmo muito bem, não tem aquele cheiro forte que muitas tintas têm. Vem com três produtos: a tinta em si, um creme condicionador bem cremoso que se mistura com a cor e um produto final para dar brilho ao cabelo. Um aspeto positivo é que não contem qualquer amoníaco, porque é um produto baseado em óleo. 

Adorei e já penso em comprar de novo, talvez numa cor ainda mais clara...

Comments

back to top