Graduation

edit13
edit6
edit1

edit14

On a super rainy day in May (yes, May), I graduated college. Woosh. That feels a bit surreal to say out loud, doesn't it... Now I no longer feel like that small child fresh out of high school, mindlessly roaming around and hoping to have made the right choice. It's a strange thing to feel mature. Really mature. It hits you like a ton of bricks when you sit down and think about it, really. I'm an adult now. I'm a 20 year old woman who's grown tremendously over the course of the last 3 years, who has learned a lot and become stronger after each hurdle. 

I feel scared of the future - a lot, to tell you the truth -, but I'm also content and extremely proud of myself for having graduated college. It may seem dramatic to some, but the last 3 years were no picnic. Coming down with Crohn's disease in my first year of college changed the whole experience for me, to be fair. But I don't curse it. It was hard, but I made it work and I know I came out of these hardships stronger and wiser. Which I am, you know. Strong and wise and proud of myself and I found my passion: sports journalism. Now the real struggle begins... Fingers crossed!

Num dia super chuvoso em maio (sim, maio), acabei o curso. Phew. Parece surreal dizer isto, não é... Agora já não me sinto aquela menina pequenina que acabou o secundário, sem um plano de futuro definido (sim, mudou muitas vezes ao longo dos últimos 3 anos) e questionando se fiz a escolha certa. É uma sensação estranha sentir este peso da maturidade, parece que cai em ti como mil tijolos quando pensas nisso... Agora sou adulta. Uma mulher de 20 anos que cresceu tremendamente nos últimos 3 anos da sua vida, que aprendeu imenso e tornou-se mais forte após cada obstáculo.

Sinto algum receio do futuro, confesso, mas ao mesmo tempo sinto-me contente e extremamente orgulhosa de mim própria por ter acabado o curso. Pode parecer dramático para alguns, mas os últimos 3 anos não foram nada fáceis. Ser diagnosticada com Crohn no início da minha experiência académica mudou tudo para mim. Enquanto uns se preocupavam com serenatas, trajes, caloiros, etc, eu preocupava-me com a minha saúde. Mas não me revolto com isso, aliás, nunca o fiz. Foi díficil, mas fiz o melhor que pude e sei que saí desta má experiência mais mulher e mais feliz. Sinto-me forte e orgulhosa de mim mesma e mais ainda, pelo caminho consegui encontrar a minha paixão: jornalismo desportivo. Agora começa o verdadeiro desafio... Isto foi só um aquecimento!

Comments

back to top