MAC Lipstick Collection... So Far

IMG_0804
IMG_0631

Yes, so far. I say this because I expect this little holder of goodies to blow up to full capacity by August at least, but for now, I wanted to show you my favourite lippies in the world! Expect an updated collection sometime in the next few months ;). 

Sim, até agora. Digo isto porque já sei que esta coleção vai crescer loucamente até agosto, pelo menos, mas queria mostrar-vos alguns dos meus batons preferidos de sempre! Esperem uma coleção atualizada nos próximos meses ;).
  IMG_0802 IMG_0855 2

The lipsticks I currently have are Chatterbox (amplified), Rebel (satin), Honeylove (matte), Velvet Teddy (matte), Angel (frost) and Brave (satin). Out of all of these, I'd say Velvet Teddy is my favourite! I've reviewed it here, but I love all the lipsticks I own and I can't wait to tell you more about each one of them. 

Os batons que tenho atualmente são o Chatterbox (amplified), o Rebel (satin), Honeylove (matte), Velvet Teddy (matte), Angel (frost) e Brave (satin). De todos estes, o meu favorito é sem dúvida o Velvet Teddy! Já fiz uma review aqui, mas vamos agora falar de cada batom individualmente.

IMG_1037

Chatterbox 

This one was my first ever MAC lipstick that my friend gifted me to help me get over my MAC trauma (don't ask, haha). I loved it so much I basically aim to buy the whole collection of lippies now! This is described as a bright red pink, but on me this tends to look more vibrant and neon than on most people. Maybe it's my own lip pigmentation, but still. This has a very creamy and opaque formula (it hydrates my lips SO much!) and has a great staying power. Read my in depth review here.

Este foi o meu primeiro batom da MAC de sempre, e foi a minha amiga quem mo ofereceu para me ajudar a ultrapassar o meu trauma da MAC (nem perguntem, haha). Adorei-o tanto que agora o meu objetivo de vida é comprar todos os batons da coleção! ;). O Chatterbox é descrito como um rosa avermelhado bem vivo, mas em mim não fica nada disso, fica um rosa bem vivo e quase néon, talvez devido à pigmentação natural dos meus lábios. É muito cremoso e hidratante e tem uma boa duração. Leiam a minha review completa aqui

IMG_1039

Rebel 

My second MAC lipstick (yes, these are all in order of purchase because I'm OCD like that) came in autumn 2015! Rebel is a perfect autumn/winter colour, and it's the most unique lipstick I own. Described as a midtone cream plum, it looks different on everyone: I've seen it look dark purple, pink, raspberry coloured, you name it, but on me this is more of a pinky purple which I love, because it's not as harsh. Even though it's a satin, it's super hydrating and lasts ages on the lips, but it does bleed a bit. Read my review here

O meu segundo batom da MAC (sim, estão dispostos por ordem de compra, sou OCD) chegou no outono de 2015! O Rebel é a cor perfeita para o outono/inverno, e é o batom mais diferente que tenho. Descrito como um roxo cremoso, fica diferente em toda a gente, já o vi em modo roxo escuro, rosa, cor de framboesa... Tudo e mais alguma coisa. Nos meus lábios é um roxo rosado, o que adoro por não o tornar tão intenso. Mesmo sendo um satin, é super cremoso e hidratante, e dura horrores nos lábios, mesmo que sangre um pouco. Leiam a minha review aqui

IMG_1108

Honeylove 

I went through a MAC dry spell (oh dear) for a couple months, but the next lipsticks you'll see have all made their way to my house in the span of less than two months. Problematic? Definitely. Anyway, I went to the MAC counter especifically looking for Velvet Teddy, only to be told it was sold out everywhere. My eyes fell on Honeylove, though, and I fell in love (pun intended). It's a light beige tone with rose, but I don't wear it on its own, I apply it on top of lip liner but it's a gorgeous nude that is a favourite of many. Oh, and it's a matte, but it's not drying at all! 

Fiquei longe da MAC durante uns bons meses, mas todos os batons que vão ver a seguir vieram ter cá a casa no espaço de menos de dois meses. Problemas? Muitos. Adiante, fui à loja da MAC para comprar o Velvet Teddy, mas é claro que estava esgotado em todos as lojas e mais alguma. No entanto, os meus olhos caíram no Honeylove e foi amor à primeira vista! É um bege claro com subtons rosa, mas não o utilizo sozinho, uso sempre com um lip liner. Ainda assim, é um nude lindo e o favorito de muito boa gente. Ah, e é matte, mas não seca os lábios de todo! 

IMG_1116

Velvet Teddy 

Ah, the crown jewel of my collection... I can't tell you how Velvet Teddy looks incredible on most everyone, but fact is, it does! It's such a special lipstick and now I totally understand the whole hype around it. This is a deep-tone beige that runs slightly pink toned on me, and I feel that's why I love it so much. Brown shades aren't my thing at all, but the way Velvet Teddy shows up on me makes me adore it. This is a matte, but a creamy one again, and you can read my in depth review here

Ah, a joia da coroa da minha coleção... Nem vos consigo dizer o quanto amo este batom! Fica lindo em quase toda a gente, tornando-o num batom super especial e que merece todo o hype em torno dele! É um bege escuro que aparece quase rosado nos meus lábios, e penso ser por isso que o adoro tanto. Batons castanhos não são a minha praia de todo, mas a maneira que o Velvet Teddy assenta nos meus lábios faz-me adorá-lo. É um matte, mas é muito cremoso na mesma e podem ler a minha review completa aqui

IMG_1120

Angel 

I got this lipstick on a whim and it became my most used MAC lippie ever! I wanted a good everyday lipstick that was soft and pretty, and my heart was set on Creme Cup. However, that one was (obviously) sold out when I made it to a MAC counter, but I remembered that some people say Angel was very similar so I picked it up instead! This is described as a soft pink and it comes in a frost finish, which isn't my favourite at all, but I just love how it looks on my lips! When I first started wearing it I was scared it looked too 'baby pink-esque', but now that I'm used to it I love it for a quick brightening up. I wear it on its own or with Kylie Gloss in 'So Cute' on top. 

Comprei este batom quase sem pensar e, é claro, tornou-se no meu batom mais usado! Queria um batom para o dia a dia que fosse suave e bonito, e já tinha decidido em comprar o Creme Cup. É claro que quando lá fui estava esgotado (como sempre), mas lembrei-me que o Angel era super semelhante, por isso lá o trouxe. É descrito como um rosa suave e o acabamento é frost – não é o meu favorito, de todo –, mas adoro como fica nos meus lábios! Quando comecei a usá-lo parecia-me demasiado 'rosa bebé' (tipo o Snob, da MAC, que odeio), mas agora já me habituei e adoro usá-lo para dar logo mais luz ao rosto. Uso sozinho ou com o gloss da Kylie na cor 'So Cute' por cima. 

IMG_9770

Brave 

Oh, Brave. Another 'accidental' purchase – I was going to buy Faux, but it was sold out – and another win! I'm just in love with Brave, I think no other pink lipstick suits me the way this one does and I feel this is perfect whatever the season may be. MAC describes it as a pink beige with white pearl, but I feel like this is more on the mauve spectrum on me (no complaints, though!). I find it to be amazing for going out or pulling a look together – wearing minimal or no makeup and swiping Brave on is my fave. This is a satin, but it's also very creamy and fairly longlasting! Review here.

Oh, Brave. Mais uma compra 'acidental' – ia comprar o Faux, mas estava esgotado – e mais uma paixão! Adoro mesmo o Brave, acho que mais nenhum batom rosa me assenta desta forma e considero-o perfeito, independentemente da estação do ano. A MAC descreve-o como um rosa bege com pérola, mas acho que é mais um rosa escuro com alguns subtons roxos (muito subtis) em mim. É a cor perfeita para sair ou para usar naqueles dias sem makeup! É um satin, mas é super cremoso e aguenta bem nos lábios. Review aqui.

Comments

back to top