Better Than Sex?

IMG_3088
Mascara isn't my favourite make up item. While I can buy allll of the lipsticks, it's very rare that I'm truly wowed and lusting after a mascara – it's something I can't justify spending copious amounts of money on. A €35 lipstick? Sure! A 20€ mascara? Errr... Nope. 

In this case, Sephora comes to the rescue. One of the (many) great things about my beloved Sephora is that they offer a mini sized version of all the high end mascaras for us to try, without having to commit to the huge (and super expensive) full sizes. I picked up the super hyped Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, which is the subject of a love-hate relationship for most people, and now I see why. 

Rímel não é, de todo, o meu produto favorito. Posso comprar todos os batons do mundo, mas é muito raro investir numa máscara, só mesmo por necessidade. É ainda mais raro ficar impressionada com uma máscara de pestanas e custa-me dar muito dinheiro por uma. €35 por um batom? Siga! 20€ por um rímel? Errr... Não. 

Neste caso, a Sephora vem ao salvamento. Uma das coisas (muito) boas da Sephora é vender versões mini das máscaras caras, que podemos experimentar sem pagar balúrdios pela versão full size. Foi assim que comprei a Better Than Sex da Too Faced, uma das máscaras mais faladas de sempre, mas que ou se adora, ou se detesta, e agora percebo porquê.
  IMG_3104-2IMG_3090  
I got this over a month ago and have been using it every time I do my make up, so I have a good opinion on it. At first I was completely obsessed with it! This packs on the volume in your lashes like craaazy, BUT... There is a but, and it's a pretty big one for me. 

First of all, this is so clumpy, it's insane – I'm talking about an almost goopy mess, with lashes sticking together. But the worst part for me is that this makes me look like a panda in about three hours flat! This smudges alllll over the lids and under my eyes, every single time I try to apply mascara to my lower lashes. For the price, I was expecting way better. 

Já a tenho há mais de um mês e é o que uso sempre que me maquilho, portanto já tenho uma opinião bem formada sobre ela. Quando a usei pela primeira vez fiquei obcecada! Imenso volume, tudo de bom nesta vida. Mas a partir daí, foi sempre a descambar. 

Primeiro, cola as pestanas todas e dá aquele efeito de pestana perna de aranha, o que nunca é bom. Mas a pior parte é mesmo o facto de transferir para a pálpebra e para debaixo dos olhos, quando tento por máscara nas pestanas inferiores. Acontece sempre e dá um aspeto horrível e descuidado! Pareço um panda em menos de três horas, fico toda borratada. Para um rímel que custa 26€, esperava bem, bem melhor.
  IMG_3096-2

Would I repurchase? Definitely not. Next time I'm trying Benefit's darlings – the Roller Lash and They're Real – to see if I get along with those better. And, nope, definitely not better than sex ;). 

Voltaria a comprar? Não, de todo. Da próxima vez vou experimentar as queridinhas da Benefit – Roller Lash e They're Real – a ver se me dou melhor.

Comments

  1. I absolutely agree with you, the first time I used this mascara I was quite impressed, then I checked in the mirror a few hours later.... what a mess. I think it works best on people who doesn't have very sensitive, watery eyes :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top