My First YSL Lipstick

IMG_3136
Looking at this beautiful tube of Yves Saint Laurent lipstick, I'm suddenly struck by this thought: a little over a year ago, I was merely a beauty know-nothing (yes, that's a thing) whose 'beauty splurging' consisted on buying a KIKO lipstick – two, if I was brave – and feel like I had already burnt a hole in my purse. Fast forward to now and, even though I'm still the epitome of a cheap skate, I've decided to occasionally splurge on quality items that will serve me well and that I can collect. All this blah blah to say that yes, girls, I finally have a YSL lipstick to call my own, and oh how excited am I!

Ao olhar para esta embalagem linda Yves Saint Laurent, bateu-me assim uma ideia: há pouco mais de um ano eu não passava de uma sabe nada de beleza (sim, isso existe) e que achava que comprar um batom da KIKO – dois, se me estivesse a sentir aventureira – era a loucura. Passado todo este tempo, é ver o meu arsenal de beleza a crescer a olhos vistos e, apesar de continuar uma forreta de todo o tamanho, decidi investir em produtos bons e que são maravilhosos para colecionar. Todo este paleio para dizer que sim, amores, já tenho o meu primeiro batom YSL e oh, o entusiasmo é taaanto!
  IMG_3162IMG_3149

I was very torn between #1 Nude Beige, from the Rouge Volupté line, and YSL's new Spring/Summer 2016 release, #44 Nude Lavalliere from the Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick formula (woo, mouthful!). However, I found Nude Beige to be sold out everywhere and I learned they were discontinuing the Rouge Volupté line (boo!), so I went for my other love, Nude Lavalliere. It looks like a dark pink on the tube but don't be fooled: this is a gorgeous nude pink that Freddy My Love made me fall in love with! 

Estava super indecisa entre o #1 Nude Beige, da linha Rouge Volupté, e o novo lançamento da YSL para o verão de 2016, #44 Nude Lavalliere da linha Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick. Decidi-me pelo Nude Beige... até o descobrir esgotado e que a YSL ia descontinuar a linha. Boo! No entanto, foi um sinal: parte da minha resolução 'Pé de Meia' é não comprar nada que já tenha igual, e o #44 era algo diferente para mim! Pode parecer um rosa escuro, mas é tudo menos isso, é um rosa bem clarinho. Vi-o no canal da Freddy My Love e apaixonei-me!
  IMG_3430 IMG_3486

Formula – The formula of these is insane! If you're after a matte, stay-all-day lipstick, then you're for sure in the wrong place. But if you, like me, love a glossy, moisturising lipstick that makes your lips look so healthy and yummy, this is it! 

Fórmula – A fórmula destes batons é incrível! Se andam à procura de um batom mate que dure todo o dia, não é aqui que o vão encontrar. Mas se, como eu, adoram um batom bem glossy e hidratante que faz com que os lábios parecam super saudáveis e carnudos, então este é para vocês. 

Finish – Very glossy and creamy. The formula isn't very opaque, so you need to pack it on a bit. 

Acabamento – Muito brilhante e cremoso. A fórmula não é muito opaca, portanto requer mais do que uma passagem. 

Wear Time – I'd say three hours, give or take, before you need to whip it out and reapply. 

Duração – Diria três horas, mais ou menos, até terem que puxar da mala e reaplicar. 

Pigmentation – Good! I thought they'd be sort of like a balm, because of the oil-in-stick shebang, but these pack a surprising punch in the colour department. 

Pigmentação – Boa! Pensei que iam ser quase como um bálsamo, dado o nome oil-in-stick, mas estes batons têm uma boa cor. 

Scent – I had to mention this because the smell is DIVINE! It smells of mangoes to me, and it's such a joy to apply and be hit with this fruity scent... Ahh, heaven. 

Aroma – Tinha que mencionar este detalhe, porque o aroma destes batons é divino! Cheira a manga, e cada vez que aplicamos o batom sentimos aquele cheirinho frutado tão bom... Ahhh! 

Price – Usually 35€, but I got 10€ off at Primor so I paid 24,75€ in total, which is almost the price of a MAC lipstick. 

Preço – Normalmente ronda os 35€, mas tive 30% de desconto na Primor e paguei 24,75€, quase o preço de um batom MAC.
  IMG_3454IMG_3456

Spanish and Portuguese babes, alert! If you're after a YSL lipstick but aren't too keen on shelling out almost 35€, Primor's got you covered! With my purchase, I got a free YSL make up bag and a sample of their new Vinyl mascara – plus 10€ off on my lipstick. Crazy or whaaat!? Delivery took less than two days, too, and it all came perfectly. I'm in love! Check it out here.

Babes portuguesas e espanholas, alertem! Se andam à procura de um batom YSL mas não vos apetece muito pagar 35€, vão espreitar a Primor! Com a minha compra recebi um necessaire da YSL e uma amostra da nova máscara Vinyl – e 10€ de desconto no meu batom. Quié isto geeente?! Demorou menos de dois dias a chegar e chegou tudo impecável. Mais do que recomendo! Espreitem aqui.

Comments

back to top