Sweet Peach Glow



Oh, what a sweet glow indeed! When Too Faced relaunched their Sweet Peach range, I was completely floored by the sheer beauty of it all. I've never actually tried Too Faced beauty before (yes, not even the eyeshadow palettes), but I've always been so curious about this deliciously girly brand!

That being said, I've never particularly wanted to try the Sweet Peach eyeshadow palette – I'm not an eyeshadow person, to be honest –, but things changed drastically when I laid my eyes on the Sweet Peach Glow palette. It wasn't love at first sight, I'll admit it, but it grew on me as time went on and I couldn't resist snapping one up (with 20% off!) when it launched at Sephora this week. 

Quando a Too Faced lançou a coleção Sweet Peach, a minha reação foi ficar no chão em posição fetal e a chorar por toda aquela beleza. Nunca tinha experimentado nada da marca (sim, nem mesmo as sombras), mas sempre tive imensa curiosidade acerca desta marca tão feminina!

Dito isto, nunca tive grande interesse na palete de sombras Sweet Peach – não sou grande fã de sombras em geral –, mas o caso mudou de figura quando vi esta palete Sweet Peach Glow. Não foi amor à primeira vista, admito, mas fiquei com ela na cabeça de tal forma que não lhe resisti quando lançou na Sephora (e com 20% de desconto!).


First, let's get the adorabs packaging out of the way. The palette comes in a tin package, much like their eyeshadows, and it's very similar to the Sweet Peach palette. I'm so obsessed with the actual outer package also, as it's like a golden pink metallic cardboard (I'm a sucker for packaging, allow me!). And yes, it DOES smell like peaches – the scent is SO amazing and does linger a bit after you apply it, but it fades away. 

Also, how CUTE is that little peach guy on the inside?!

Primeiro, o packaging. A palete vem numa embalagem de lata, como as sombras, e vem nas mesmas cores da palete Sweet Peach. O exterior é também super bonito, o cartão tem um aspeto metálico, tudo em tons de pêssego. E por falar em pêssego – sim, cheira mesmo a pêssego! É tão bom que quase dá vontade de comer! O cheiro ainda dura um bocado na pele depois de aplicar, mas acaba por desvanecer.





Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty. The palette includes a bronzer, a blush and a highlighter and this was partly what made me decide to buy it. I'm a sucker for practical makeup and I can just see this being perfect to bring on holiday with me! 

The bronzer is a warm, medium brown that is great for an all over glow, but that probably won't even show up on medium to dark skin. The blush is a gorgeous peach shade that would flatter any skin tone – I'd compare it to Milani's Luminoso, only less orange, more pink and also more subtle. The highlighter is probably my favourite part about this whole palette: it's a gorgeous peachy pink champagne hue that is SO flattering!

Vamos então passar para o que verdadeiramente importa: esta palete traz um bronzer, um blush e um iluminador, e foi a junção destes três que me fez comprar (muito provavelmente não teria comprado individualmente). Adoro compactos assim, são super práticos para levar em viagem.

bronzer é um castanho quente que não serve para contorno, mas é ótimo para aquecer o rosto; porém, não vai aparecer se forem mais morenas. O blush é um pêssego rosado super bonito, comparável ao Luminoso da Milani, apenas mais rosa e mais subtil. O iluminador é a minha parte favorita, é um rosa champanhe lindo lindo lindo, favorece qualquer cor de pele! 


So, let's move on to the biggest issue everyone seems to have with this: the pigmentation. When you first swatch it with your fingers, it picks up a ton of product and you're like 'hell, yeah!', but when you take a brush to it and try to build it on your cheeks, you need multiple swipes. On the photo there, you have the full effect of the powders without any other makeup on the skin.

The reason I decided to go for the palette is because I prefer subtle products that allow me to build the colour up without looking like an instant clown. But if you're not on the fair side like me, you might want to sit this one out!

Passemos ao maior problema com esta palete: a pigmentação. Se estão à espera de pós muito pigmentados, esqueçam: quando passam o dedo pela primeira vez apanham imenso produto, mas quando tentam aplicar com um píncel, precisam de passar uma e outra vez para que se note nas bochechas!

No entanto, como prefiro produtos pouco pigmentados e que me deixem 'controlar' a quantidade que ponho no rosto, não me importo – prefiro isto do que ir à valente com um blush e ficar que nem um palhaço! E, claro, como sou branquinha nota-se mais, se calhar as meninas mais morenas não vão achar tanta piada a esta palete.




If you prefer your makeup to be on the matte side, then skip this! This is glowy and healthy skin in a product, minus the glitter or excess shimmer. I personally really like this palette and I don't regret picking this up – I know I'll reach for this a lot come spring and summer, and even now to brighten up my dull skin! Is it worth 41€? For the product itself, no, but considering you get a blush, bronzer and highlighter, it's not that bad of a deal, if you can make it work on your skin tone!  

Se preferem a vossa makeup mais matte, então é melhor darem meia volta! Esta palete é pele brilhante e saudável num compacto (mas nada parolo, atenção). Pessoalmente gosto muito da palete e não me arrependo de ter comprado – se vale os 41€? Pelo produto não, mas pelo facto de terem um blush, bronzer e iluminador, sim! 

Comments

back to top