That Perfect Lip Combo



Dead hours at work are dangerous, the kind of dangerous that makes you accidentally slip and fall into Cult Beauty and suddenly you've ordered a new Charlotte Tilbury lipstick AND lip liner to match... Yeah, that totally happened! 

To be fair, this was a purchase long in the making. You all know by now that Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks are my absolute favourite ever, but I only owned one prior to this, which is Very Victoria (my all time fave lippie, too!). I'd been researching and wondering what my next shade would be and I was pretty torn between Bitch Perfect and Penelope Pink, but ended up going for the latter as I felt it was more appropriate year round.

Horas mortas no trabalho são um perigo, um perigo tal que escorreguei e caí no site da Cult Beauty e, sem dar por ela, tinha encomendado um novo batom e um lip liner da Charlotte Tilbury... Juro que foi isso que aconteceu!

Sinceramente, esta compra já andava na cabeça há muito. Já sabem que os batons Charlotte Tilbury são os meus favoritos da vida, mas até este mês só tinha um, o Very Victoria (talvez o favorito de sempre). Andava a pesquisar qual seria a minha próxima cor e estava muito indecisa entre o Bitch Perfect e Penelope Pink. À última da hora acabei por optar pelo Penelope Pink, porque me pareceu mais apropriado para usar durante todo o ano.



CT describes Penelope Pink as a pinky beige with a cream finish and I quite agree with it. I was scared this would pull totally beige (which I hate) and deathly pale (double hate) on me, but it's just a beautiful nude with a slight touch of pink and a glossy finish that definitely plumps up the lips and makes them look extra juicy and kissable! 

My favourite lipsticks of all are still the Matte Revolution, but I absolutely LOVE the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. range, a lot more than I thought I would actually. I'd compare it to MAC's classic Cremesheen finish if I had to, only more long lasting, more comfortable to wear and just generally a LOT better!

A querida CT descreve o Penelope Pink como sendo um rosa bege com um acabamento brilhante e concordo bem com isso. Estava bastante receosa que me saísse um bege na rifa, porque já sabemos que batons bege e lulinhas como eu não dão com nada. Felizmente é uma cor que consigo usar super bem sem parecer que bati a botinha e é uma cor que fica TÃO bonita nos lábios, dá logo aquele aspeto comestível (desculpem) e sedutor.

A minha linha favorita continua a ser a Matte Revolution, mas estou absolutamente rendida aos K.I.S.S.I.N.G.! Ando viciada em batons mais glossy e esta linha é perfeita para conseguir esse look. São parecidos com os Cremesheen da MAC, apenas mil vezes melhores, mais duradouros e secam menos os lábios. Só coisas boas, portanto!



Because I was scared I wouldn't be able to pull off Penelope Pink on its own (and because I've been wanting to try this baby for FOREVER), I also ordered the oh so famous Pillow Talk lip liner to go along with it! (P.S. - Charlotte has now launched Pillow Talk in lipstick formula! Yippee! If only she'd launched it a week earlier... sigh).

This is Charlotte's best selling lip liner (or product even?) and it's not hard to understand why. It's a neutral pink colour which makes it perfect to reshape, resize... Heck, perfect to achieve the world's most gorgeous pout! It glides onto the lips like the creamiest butter on Earth (allow me) and gives you the greatest base to work with. I love to pair this with Penelope Pink to tone down the beige and brown in it and throw in a little pink, which is my personal preference.

E porque tinha medo que o batom me apagasse completamente o rosto por ser muito claro (e também porque andava mortinha por experimentar este menino), encomendei também o lip liner na cor Pillow Talk! (Sim, é verdade, também já o comprei em forma de batom... Como resistir?! Tudo no post desta segunda-feira!). 

Este é o best seller da Charlotte e não é difícil de entender porquê. É um nude rosado que imita na perfeição a cor natural dos nossos lábios, portanto é muito fácil aumentar e redefinir a forma dos lábios! Desliza pelos lábios que nem manteiga e dá-nos uma base ótima para o batom que queremos aplicar por cima. Gosto muito da combinação deste lápis com o Penelope Pink, de forma a dar um toque mais rosado aos lábios ao invés de bege. 



Of course Charlotte Tilbury products come with a hefty price tag (£23 for the lipstick and £16 for the lip liner, ouch), but it's totally worth it if you ask me, especially if you want to treat yourself a little!

É claro que tudo que é Charlotte Tilbury custa um braço e uma perna (30€ pelo batom e 22€ pelo lápis, ouch), mas vale totalmente a pena, especialmente como um miminho!

Comments

back to top