Hourglass Blushes: Are They Worth The Money?



What you see here, my girlies, is the start of a very dangerous addiction. I put off investing in my very first Hourglass blush simply because one, it's expensive as hell and two, I knew I was going to fall in love with everything about them – which inevitably means I'm one step closer to declaring bankruptcy ;). 

Seriously, these had been on my radar for the longest time, but there was always the price thing holding me back. However, with Summer coming around, I knew I wanted a beautiful pink blush that mimics the natural flush of the cheeks, so I pretty much hit the jackpot with Luminous Flush!

O que vêm aqui, meus doces, é o início de um vício muito perigoso. Estava sempre a adiar o investimento no meu primeiro blush Hourglass porque primeiro, são caros para xuxu e segundo, sabia que me ia apaixonar irremediavelmente – ou seja, vou ter de dar um rim ou os dois para aumentar a coleção ;).

A sério, estes blushes andavam no meu radar há que tempos, mas havia sempre uma ou outra coisa à qual dava prioridade. No entanto, com o verão aí à porta, decidi investir num blush que me desse aquele ar coradinho e saudável. Bem, meninas... Posso dizer que me saiu o jackpot com o Luminous Flush!




Hourglass describes Luminous Flush as a champagne rose shade and that description is pretty spot on if you ask me. The reason these blushes have been so hyped up is because of the almost ethereal luminosity they provide to the skin – that or the, you know, insanely beautiful marbled effect in each blush (which is different in every one, so the highlight and actual blush portion differ from one blush to another).

The blush is EXTREMELY pigmented, so I advise you to proceed with caution so as to avoid clown cheeks (unless that's your thing... if it is, rock on gal!). There are no visible chunks of glitter though and the texture... Oh my word, the texture! It's so buttery soft, I've never experienced such a soft and luxurious blush before!

O nome fala por si e a verdade é que este blush é mesmo um toque de luminosidade rosado ao rosto! A Hourglass descreve o blush como um rosa champagne e a descrição é completamente acertada. Agora entendo a razão pela qual estes blushes são tão adorados pelo mundo fora – conferem uma luminosidade quase angelical ao rosto, têm uma fórmula super amanteigada, a pigmentação é INCRÍVEL e o efeito mármore em cada blush... Preciso de dizer mais alguma coisa? Vocês conseguem ver a perfeição!



So, the million pound question... is it worth the money? To put it simply, no – just because no blush in the world is worth £32. Is this the best blush I've ever owned? Most definitely. Is it absolutely different and more luxurious than any other blush on the market? One hundred percent. But I just can't justify the £32 price tag for a single blush!

Still, the packaging itself is really nice and sturdy, which is always a good thing when you're forking out that kind of money for these blushes. I ordered mine off SpaceNK and was super happy with their service – would definitely recommend!

Portanto, a pergunta milionária... Valem o preço exorbitante? Sinceramente não, simplesmente porque nenhum blush no mundo vale £32. É o melhor blush na minha coleção? Sem dúvida. É absolutamente diferente e mais luxuoso do que qualquer outro? A cem por cento. Mas não consigo justificar dar £32 por cada um deles!


Dito isto, o packaging é líndissimo e bem durinho, o que é sempre positivo quando se desembolsa este valor por um blush, que em si é LINDO de morrer. Infelizmente a Hourglass não está disponível em Portugal, mas encomendei o meu da SpaceNK e chegou a Portugal numa semana, sem qualquer problema!




Have you tried Hourglass blushes?
Já experimentaram os blushes da Hourglass?

Comments

back to top