Power Fabric



Right, so I did a very naughty thing, and that naughtiness was splurging on a darn Giorgio Armani foundation. I still don't think any foundation is worth more than 30€ (even that is a stretch), but the pull with Armani foundations was so strong that I just HAD to try one myself!

Instead of going for the traditional Luminous Silk, I decided that the new Power Fabric foundation, which offers a long lasting velvet matte finish, was more appropriate for my combo skin because of the dry heat we're going to get in Portugal this Summer. So, do I think it's worth the hype? Well...

Portanto, fiz uma coisinha marota, e essa marotice foi investir numa base Giorgio Armani. Continuo a achar que nenhuma base vale mais do que 30€ (e até isso é um exagero), mas a curiosidade era tanta que tinha mesmo de experimentar uma base Armani!

Em vez que escolher a tradicional Luminous Silk, decidi que a nova Power Fabric, que oferece um acabamento duradouro e acetinado, era mais apropriada para a minha pele mista nestes meses quentes que se avizinham. Então, será que vale o dinheiro? Bem...



First of all, I have to mention the weird ass shades in this foundation. I'm normally the second to lightest shade in every foundation (I'm NW15/20 in MAC, for reference), and I could NOT match myself to any of the shades in this! Since I just can't wear anything that is too yellow (I'll look dead) or too pink (I'll look like a salmon), I need neutral based foundations – and 3.5 is my match in this. 

Primeiro, tenho que vos falar das cores malucas da base. Normalmente sou a segunda cor mais clara nas bases – sou NW15/20 na MAC – e demorei séculos a encontrar a minha match (S, obrigada por andares na luta comigo ahaha). Como não posso usar bases demasiado amarelas ou rosadas, a minha match é a cor 3.5 – ainda é um bocado clara, mas resulta com bronzer.


THE GOOD

The finish of this foundation is EVERYTHING. Even though this is a full coverage foundation (and I typically hate those), I apply this with a very damp BeautyBlender and it gives me a flawless but medium coverage at best, which allows my freckles and actual skin to peek through. My skin looks absolutely incredible after I apply this foundation and even though the finish is a bit too matte for my liking, I just add highlighter and my trusty Girl Meets Pearl on top to make it more dewy and natural.

This foundation lasts all day for me and allows my natural oils (read: not bacon grease!) to shine through after a few hours, which I actually love. It doesn't oxidise, it isn't cakey and just looks like your skin but perfected. It's absolutely weightless and undetectable on the skin, too, which is a major plus! 

O acabamento desta base é TUDO de bom na vida! Apesar de ser uma base de alta cobertura (que detesto), aplico-a com uma BeautyBlender bem molhada e dá-me um acabamento totalmente flawless mas de cobertura média, no máximo. Isto permite que as minhas sardas e pele sobresaiam, algo que preciso de ter numa base. A minha pele fica incrível depois de a aplicar e apesar de ser um bocado matte de mais para o meu gosto, aplico um primer hidratante e o meu Girl Meets Pearl por cima para dar um aspeto mais natural e glowy.

A base dura o dia inteiro em mim e permite que os meus óleos naturais (diga-se: nada de oleosidade bacon) sobresaiam após algumas horas, o que adoro. Não oxida, é super leve e indetetável e parece mesmo a pele ao natural, mas aperfeiçoada. 

THE BAD

Let's start with the really bad: it clogs my pores. I have very sensitive skin and enlarged pores, so I react to practically every single foundation I put on my skin, especially if it isn't oil free, which is the case here. It's my own fault for not double checking but after wearing this foundation two times, I noticed small bumps near my nose and chin (no acne), which I immediately connected to the foundation. It's super mild and goes away after I remove my makeup, so I can still get away with it considering I only wear foundation 2 or 3 times a week at most. Even though this reaction is nothing compared to Charlotte Tilbury foundations and skincare, which gave me super painful under the skin bumps, it's still very annoying and disappointing from Armani.

It can also cling to dry patches, especially around my nose (my problem area), so I have to make sure I moisturise properly before and after I wear this foundation. 

Começando pelo pior: entope-me os poros. Tenho uma pele super sensível e poros bem grandes, portanto faço reação a quase todas as bases, especialmente quando não são oil free, como é o caso da Power Fabric. A culpa é minha por não ter verificado mas depois de usar esta base, ganho uns empolões pequeninos na zona do nariz e queixo (não é acne), que liguei de imediato à base. É super moderado e desaparece quase instantaneamente, portanto posso continuar a usar a base uma vez que só a aplico 2 ou 3 vezes por semana. 

A base também se agarra às minhas zonas mais secas do rosto, especialmente em torno do nariz e sobrancelhas, portanto preciso de hidratar muito bem a pele antes e depois de a usar.



So, is it worth the painful price tag? I'm sure you can all guess my answer by now: nope. It's a stunning, luxurious foundation that is a joy to wear and display on my vanity, but unless it snatched my waist, toned my body and made me a multimillionaire, it's not worth the £40 price tag. However, if you want a high end foundation that will make you look and feel like a million pounds (and if you don't suffer from super sensitive skin like me), then this is the one for you!

Então, vale a pena o doloroso investimento? Tenho a certeza que já sabem qual é a minha resposta: não. É uma base lindíssima e luxuosa, mas a não ser que me sugasse a cintura, tonificasse o corpo e fizesse de mim multimilionária, não vale os 49€ que custa. Porém, se querem uma base de luxo que vos faz sentir uma rainha divina e flawless, então é esta a base que procuram! 

Comprei a minha no El Corte Inglès de Gaia (o atendimento é ma-ra-vi-lho-so!) e toda a maquilhagem está com 15% de desconto até ao final de março. Aproveitem! 

Comments

back to top