Two Holy Grail Foundations For Combination Skin


Let's talk about foundation, shall we? My skin used to be quite on the oily side in my teens and foundations would literally slide off my face in about 2 hours flat. Now it's quite the opposite – my skin goes through phases of being REALLY dry and flaky (literally look like a lizard with all them scales) but also being quite oily in my t-zone. 

Despite all that I quite like the fact I have combination skin: it's bang in the middle of the spectrum and I actually enjoy having some of my oils (ew) slipping through halfway through the day as it makes me look dewy and glowy without looking like a frying pan. There are two foundations I would wholeheartedly recommend to my fellow combo skin beauties, one on the pricier side and another on the more purse friendly side (but still not drugstore).

Vamos falar de bases, sim? A minha pele costumava ser super oleosa durante a adolescência e qualquer base desaparecia da pele em menos de 2 horas. Agora é quase o oposto – a minha pele tem fases onde anda SUPER seca (parecida a um crocodilo a escamar) e outras em que a zona T anda super chata e oleosa.

Apesar disso, gosto bastante de ter pele mista: fica mesmo no meio do espectro e até que gosto de ter uns oleozinhos a aparecer a meio do dia, para dar assim aquela luminosidade (não confundir com frigideira) boa. Há duas bases que recomendo a 100% para quem também tem pele mista, uma mais puxadinha para a carteira e outra mais simpática.

CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIÈRE VELVET

My very first high end foundation! This foundation is very similar to Vitalumière Aqua, its lighter and dewier sister, but it has more of a soft focus velvet finish (not matte) that looks absolutely stunning on the skin. It's very liquidy and runny – thus super light and weightless – but it holds incredibly well for a medium coverage. Chanel foundations are some of my all time favourites and totally worth the price tag if you ask me! I'm shade Beige Rosé 22 and it's perfect for my fair complexion.

A minha primeira base de marca é uma que vou voltar a comprar vezes sem conta! É bastante semelhante à Vitalumière Aqua, a sua irmã mais leve e fresca, mas tem um acabamento perfeito e aveludado (não matte) que assenta lindamente na pele. É bastante líquida – ou seja, leve e impercetível na pele – mas aguenta-se bem e dá cobertura leve a média. As bases da Chanel são das minhas favoritas de sempre e valem cada cêntimo! Uso a cor Beige Rosé 22, perfeita para a minha pele clarinha.

CLINIQUE SUPERBALANCED SILK

My most recent foundation and one I'm almost running out of! If there's one brand I trust for my sensitive skin it's Clinique. This is PERFECT for combination skin – it hydrates dry patches and keeps shine at bay at the same time! It's got medium coverage and a lot of pigmentation, so I can skip concealer with this. I love the finish of it, it's truly like silk on the skin! For reference I have shade Silk Shell, which is perfect for my neutral skin tone. 

A minha mais recente e uma que estou quase a acabar. Devido à minha pele sensível tenho medo de experimentar bases novas, mas se há marca na qual confio é na Clinique. Esta base é PERFEITA para a minha pele mista, hidrata e controla a oleosidade ao mesmo tempo! Tem cobertura média e cobre as minhas imperfeições perfeitamente, mas o melhor é mesmo o acabamento... Verdadeiramente como seda! Uso a cor Silk Shell.

Comments

back to top