My Skincare Must Haves: Combination Skin



I'm a total skincare junkie. If before I was very laid back (aka lazy) with my skin and used whatever was on offer or in my cabinet, now I go out of my way to research the best skincare to invest in. Because I'm totally obsessed with skincare, I thought it'd be cool to share my current staples with you – and hopefully you'll share yours with me too! For reference, my skin type is very sensitive combination.



MOISTURISER

In my opinion, there are products you can splurge on and others you can save on, and moisturiser is one of those you can definitely save on! I use two that I absolutely adore and that cost me 3€ – that's right, 3 euros from Lidl! For daytime I use the Cien Time Control Moisturising Cream (though the Aqua moisturiser is just as good!) and for nighttime I use the Cien Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream (yes, I'm 22, but prevention is the best cure!). These make my face feel SO soft – legit, everyone compliments me on it – and don't make it overly greasy, it just looks healthy and plump. And also, Lidl skincare actually ranks HIGHER than expensive brands (cough Lâncome cough) so, you know... ;).

EYE CREAM

This is one of the products I'm willing to splurge on, but just haven't found the right one yet because the skin under my eyes literally reacts to everything. For now I'm using the Cien Q10 Eye Cream, which targets the sensitive skin under and around the eyes. It doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't make it sticky and works beautifully under concealer – all for 2.69€!

TONER

Do I think toners are a must have? No. Do I think the Pixi Glow Tonic is a bomb product? Yes. I just don't know what it is – when it's on, I don't see a massive difference, but if I go off it for a week or so, I can tell my skin is looking crappy as heck. I can't use this everyday (or even every other day) because my skin is just that sensitive, but this one exfoliates my skin and adds such a lovely glow and radiance to it, it's actually magical.

CLEANSER

I like to double cleanse so much that I can't see myself going without it now. After I remove my makeup with a micellar water, I love going in with my Emma Hardie Moringa cleansing balm to get rid of every last trace of dirt and makeup. The result? Squeaky clean skin that isn't stripped or dry, rather super hydrated, plump and happy. It's a must have!

BLEMISH CONTROL

I don't suffer from regular acne anymore (thank you Jesus), but I do have the occasional spot here and there. There's one line I've tried and tested and couldn't recommend more: The Body Shop Tea Tree line! I use the Night Lotion whenever I have a spot that won't go away – it's gone by the time I wake up when I use this!

MASK

Once a week (usually on Sundays) I like to use a purifying mask to really cleanse my skin and prep it for another week. One of my fave masks for that is The Body Shop Himalayan Clay mask – it's great for cleansing the pores and giving you that clear and soft complexion. My ultimate favourite is actually the British Rose mask, which is amazing for hydrating and plumping the skin.



What are your skincare must haves?

Comments

back to top