6 Perfect Lipsticks For Spring & Summer



Lipstick is arguably my favourite makeup item. I've built up quite the collection, sometimes having about seven lipsticks that are all the same hue (but they're different, I swear!), and yet I'm always on the lookout for more shades to add to my stash!

Despite having more lipsticks than I can count, they're all pretty much in the nude side of things. I have four of five bright lipsticks, yes, but I tend to reach for the lightest ones as I feel they suit me best. With that in mind, I thought I'd share six beautiful lipsticks I'm gonna be rocking this Spring and Summer...



CHARLOTTE TILBURY PENELOPE PINK & PILLOW TALK

You know I couldn't do a lipstick post without including my babies! My favourites for this time of year (or all the time, really) are Penelope Pink and Pillow Talk. They come in two different formulas: Penelope Pink is part of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. range, which is the creamier formula, and Pillow Talk is a classic Matte Revolution lipstick. They're both in the nude pink side of things, but Penelope Pink is more of a beige pink whereas Pillow Talk is the most perfect nude pink lipstick I've ever seen.

MAC PEACH BLOSSOM

I've talked about this gem in my March Favourites but I had to mention it again! Like the name indicates, this is a peachy lipstick which was absolutely made for Spring & Summer – it's a glossy coral pink that looks beautiful when worn with a low key outfit for any occasion. The Cremesheen formula is meh, but the colour makes it worth it!

NYX ISTANBUL

I reserve this lipstick for the Summer, holidays and tanned skin. It's a beautiful vibrant, darker pink that looks beautiful against bronzed skin and you just can't beat the formula of these – if you like a matte finish but HATE the feeling of normal liquid lipsticks, then the Soft Matte Lip Cremes are made for you!

YSL NUDE LAVALLIERE #44

Do I hate the formula of these? Yes. Do I adore the colour of this lipstick? Yes! This is a lipstick I wear when I want to have something on my lips when I go to the store, the gym or the beach, but only if I'm okay with my lipstick fading in about an hour, maybe less! This shade really is beautiful though, it's a glossy petal pink and the packaging makes up for its horrible formula... almost.

RIMMEL x KATE MOSS #54 ROCK'N'ROLL NUDE

In my opinion, the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks are probably the best in the drugstore and the nudes are just so beautiful! I particularly love this one, which is a creamy light pink toned nude. The formula is great, super moisturising and the packaging is just sooo pretty.

Comments

back to top