Skincare Saviours You Need To Try.



Skincare... one of my favourite topics and one of my biggest nightmares. As someone who has suffered from problematic skin for most of my teenage years, I have developed quite the knowledge/interest in this topic – even though I still feel like I make mistakes all the damn time.

Harsh bouts of acne through my teens have left me with some delightful scarring and the fact my skin is still prone to hormonal breakouts (despite being on the dry side now) means a simple 'wash your face before bed' routine clearly won't cut it for me. Therefore, I have trialled and tested many a products in my 22 year life span, and I'm bringing some of the best to you today!

Cuidados de pele... um dos meus tópicos favoritos e também um dos meus maiores pesadelos. Na qualidade de pessoa que sofreu de pele problemática durante grande parte da adolescência, consegui desenvolver bons conhecimentos/interesse nesta temática – mas, é claro, ainda cometo erros de palmatória no que toca à minha pele.

Problemas com acne (grave) durante a adolescência deixaram algumas prendinhas na forma de cicatrizes no meu rosto. Isto e o facto de ter pele ainda com tendência a acne hormonal (apesar de já estar mais para o seca nesta fase) significa que o simples ato de 'lavar a cara antes da cama' não é, claramente, suficiente para remover toda a sujidade e bactérias acumuladas nos poros. É por isso que hoje vos trago alguns dos produtos que testei (e testei, e testei, e testei) e aprovei ao longo destes 22 aninhos na Terra.


TO CLEANSE...

Now, let me tell you right off the bat – no cleanser in the world beats my beloved Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm. This sh%$&t is expensive, but it's damn worth it. My skin feels SO supple and happy once I've cleansed with it and I can partly attribute the fact my breakouts are nonexistent now to this. Because this is quite thick, I leave it to my nighttime routine and use my Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel in the mornings: pumpkin enzymes exfoliate and brighten the skin and the texture of this is second to none – a gel to oil formula that is perfection in the mornings.

Deixem-me dizer-vos já o seguinte: para mim, não há bálsamo de limpeza melhor do que o Moringa da Emma Hardie. Este bálsamo é caro pra xuxu, mas é daqueles que vale cada cêntimo – e acreditem, este Tio Patinhas não diz isso de qualquer produto. A minha pele fica tão macia, tão limpa, tão preenchida que posso bem atribuir o facto de quase não ter borbulhas a este potinho mágico. Por ser tão espesso e oleoso, reservo-o para a limpeza ao final do dia e deixo o Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel para as manhãs. A textura é de um gel que se transforma em óleo quando massajado na pele e é formulado para exfoliar e deixar a pele mais radiante e bonita.

TO MOISTURISE...

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect moisturiser, but I can't fault the Hyaluronic Acid + B5 serum from The Ordinary. It's a fantastic lightweight and hydrating product that makes my skin feel plump (albeit a little sticky) and it works fabulously under makeup. For a heavy duty moisturiser, the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid is a pricier option, but my God is it stupendous! Korean beauty is where it's at for me and this is a fantastic product to quench dehydrated skin (aka, my skin all day everyday).

For an extra shot of hydration, you NEED to try Caudalie's Vinoperfect Essence. It's not quite a toner nor is it a moisturiser, but it does surprisingly well on both accounts and it's a definite staple of mine.

Ainda estou em busca do creme hidratante perfeito, mas não posso queixar-me do Hyaluronic Acid + B5 do The Ordinary. É um sérum leve mas que hidrata (e de que maneira) a pele. Deixa-a um pouco pegajosa, mas funciona super bem debaixo da maquilhagem e o preço (6€!) não podia ser mais fofinho. Para uma hidratação bem mais profunda (mas mais cara), o Ceramidin Liquid da Dr. Jart+ é ma-ra-vi-lho-so. A beleza coreana é a minha obsessão e este produto hidrata até as peles mais desidratadas (a minha, pois claro). Em breve trago-vos um post sobre a minha rotina de beleza coreana!

Para um shot extra de hidratação, têm de experimentar a Vinoperfect Essence da Caudalie. Não é nem um toner nem um hidratante, mas cumpre na perfeição essas duas funções.

TO TREAT...

I suffer from horrible clogged pores around my nose and it makes me feel terrible. However, I have recently rediscovered a French pharmacy staple that has helped the bumps around my nose subside dramatically: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ is an oldie but a goodie and I won't be without it ever again. Try it if you've got stubborn pores and hormonal breakouts – just be sure to moisturise properly afterwards as it is quite drying!

For a slightly unconventional product, I've been swearing by the Peeling Solution from The Ordinary. It looks like vampire blood and it smells funny (it also stings!), but the AHA + BHA components peel off dead skin and reveal a brighter, glowier complexion that's very much free of congestion. For the price point, you can't go wrong!

Sofro de poros bastante salientes junto ao nariz e é daquelas coisas que fica sempre mal com ou sem maquilhagem. No entanto, voltei a descobrir um essencial da farmácia francesa que fez os meus poros diminuir dramaticamente. Falo-vos do Effaclar Duo+ da La Roche-Posay, um autêntico desbloqueador de poros chatos disponível em qualquer farmácia. Se usarem, certifiquem-se que hidratam bem a pele porque isto seca-a!

E depois, um produto pouco convencional.  Tenho usado e adorado a Peeling Solution da The Ordinary - parece sangue de vampiro e tem um cheiro esquisito (e é salgado...), mas o AHA + BHA dão-vos aquela pele de bebé após remover a pele morta e congestionada. Pelo preço, não se pode pedir melhor!

Comments

back to top