Empties: Win or Bin?



É raro, mas acontece... Acabei uma carrada de produtos! Em vez de fazer um post enorme a dar a minha opinião sobre todos, pensei em fazer um post geral para decidir o que vou voltar a comprar e o que vai para o lixo para nunca mais voltar. 

It's rare, but it happens... I've finished a ton of products! Instead of writing up a massive post sharing my opinion on each and every one of them, I thought I'd do a general recap to see what I'm going to be repurchasing and what's going straight to the bin.


As certezas e os talvez...

one. Base Superbalanced Silk da Clinique – Terminei, finalmente, a minha querida Superbalanced Silk (review), que é uma das melhores bases que já experimentei. Vou acabar por voltar a comprar, mas não para já, porque há muitas outras que quero experimentar. De momento estou a usar a Skin Foundation da Bobbi Brown (review), que amo de paixão, e da Clinique quero testar a Even Better Glow. 

two. Bálsamo Moringa da Emma Hardie – Adoro, adoro, adoro este bálsamo! Deixa a pele intensamente hidratada mas também limpa, diminuindo o risco de acne/alergias porque remove toda a maquilhagem e sujidade da pele. No entanto, o preço é puxado e há outras coisas que quero experimentar, portanto para já ficamos no talvez.

three. Glow Tonic da Pixi – O melhor tónico que já experimentei. Este tónico esfolia, ilumina e melhora bastante o aspeto da pele, é daqueles produtos que é preciso deixar de usar algumas vezes para se ver verdadeiramente o seu efeito. A pele começa a 'pedi-lo', fica mais baça e precisa da magia deste produto. Por isso, é uma recompra certa.

The sure things and the maybes...

one. Clinique Superbalanced Silk Foundation – I've finally finished my beloved Superbalanced Silk, which is one of the best bases I've ever worn. I'm going to repurchase it eventually, but not right away because there's a lot of other things I wanna try first. At the moment I'm using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, which I love to absolute death, and I also want to test Clinique's Even Better Glow.

two. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – I love, love, loooove this stuff! It makes my skin feel so deliciously nourished but it also cleanses it deeply, removing all traces of makeup in one swipe. However, the price is steep and there's other things I want to try as well, so this is a future repurchase.

three. Pixi Glow Tonic – Hands down, the best toner I've ever tried. This toner exfoliates, brightens and generally improves the look of skin, it's truly one of those products you have to stop using to really see the difference it makes on your skin! It's a sure repurchase.

Os produtos que não vão voltar a casa...

one. Máscara Better Than Sex da Too Faced – Pronto, é assim: quando não há mais nada em casa, esta máscara é ótima. Dá volume, engorda as pestanas e o aspeto não é feio, mas não vale os olhos de panda que deixa para trás. Esta não volto a comprar e, no seu lugar, vou experimentar a Velvet Noir do Marc Jacobs.

two. Base Perfection Lumière Velvet da Chanel – Esta base é um sonho... para a minha pele oleosa. Como a minha pele já tem pouco de oleosidade, cada vez que pego nesta base é para deixar a pele ressequida, portanto provavelmente vou apostar na Vitalumière Aqua da próxima vez.

three. Urban Decay All Nighter – O mítico spray para fixar a maquilhagem... Sinceramente, não o acho nada de especial. Sim, é um facto que a base dura ligeiramente mais quando o aplico, mas coincidência ou não, fico com a pele extramemente seca sempre que o aplico. Não vou voltar a comprar e quero agora explicar o Hangover 3 in 1 da Too Faced (obrigada pelo bichinho, Marta!).

three. Hidratante Rise 'n Shine da Farmacy – Honestamente, não gosto deste hidratante. A pele não o absorve corretamente, fica empastelado no rosto e nem sequer dá para aplicar base por cima. Este não resultou comigo, mas quero muito experimentar o Honey Drop da mesma marca, que tem reviews ótimas.

The products that won't be coming back...

one. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – Okay, here's the deal: this mascara is dandy when there's nothing else for me to wear. It gives volume, it thickens lashes and it doesn't look ugly, but it smudges like craaazy. A high end mascara that gives me panda eyes? It's a no from me. 

two. Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation – This foundation is an absolute dream... for my oily skin, which has long left me. Every time I pick up this foundation I'm left with dry patches and dehydrated skin, which is so sad because this is one of my all time favourite foundations in the universe. Next time I'm definitely trying the Vitalumière Aqua. 

three. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – The mythical setting spray... I honestly don't get the hype with this. Yes, my foundation DOES last a little longer every time I spritz this on, but coincidentally, my skin gets drier at the end of the day, too. I won't repurchase and I want to try the Too Faced Hangover 3 in 1 mist next!

four. Farmacy Rise 'n Shine Moisturiser – I really don't like this. This doesn't get absorbed properly by my skin so it just kind of sits on top of it, making it hard to even apply foundation on top of it. I do really want to try the Farmacy Honey Drop moisturiser, though! 

Comments

back to top