award season: my golden girls

YOU GUYS! Award season is upon us! I'm literally jumping up and down with sheer excitement, it's all about the gorgeous fashion and breathtaking gowns we are graced with on the red carpet at each start of the year! Can you hear me screaming? *squee* In unrelated news, I die for E!'s Live From the Red Carpet coverage, I love how it's all about the fashion and nothing but the fashion. I love Giuliana, Ryan, the stars, the mani cam, how it's so fun and natural and great... oh, gosh, just everything! Dream job at E!, much?! YES! But anyway... I chose my top picks from the Golden Globes this year. Some amazing fashion and, naturally, some misses but all in all it was a great fashion show (because, really, that's basically all I care about!). So, let's get this show on the road!

margot robbie

MARGOT ROBBIE
OH. MY. GOSH! I died for this dress on the red carpet! This gown is breathtaking on her, she's such a gorgeous woman and this works so amazingly well with her beautiful blonde hair. I love the emerald green details against the cream dress plus the aaaaah-mazing detailing with the emerald green shoes. It's all about the details, people! Utter perfection, Margot. Just amazing! My top of the top for sure, along with this next dress...

lupita nyong'o

LUPITA NYONG'O
You guys... This dress. This. Dress (!!!) I mean, I think I went into cardiac arrest when I saw this on the red carpet! I know I probably sound like Kelly Osbourne on Fashion Police but these pictures simply do not do this dress justice. If you saw her moving on the red carpet... my sweet baby Jesus. She's so incredibly beautiful, her skin is beyond anything I can ever compare it to and this dress is everything. The cape, the straight cut, the COLOR! Oh, Lupita... You've stolen my heart. I can't wait to see what you wear next!

reese witherspoon

REESE WITHERSPOON
Okay, hear me out. I know this dress didn't really fly with most people because we all expect that wow factor, that jaw-dropping dress that will always be in our memories and yes, this dress won't do that, BUT... It works so well on Reese. I mean, can we discuss how gorgeous her hair looks, her stunning eyes, her flawless makeup and the beautiful color of this dress? Off topic here but Reese's hair is to die for. Major envy! And her eyes just go so well with this gown, and simple is beautiful. Less is more, you know? It fits her like a glove, it's beautiful and it makes her look amazing. What more can you ask for?

sarah hyland

SARAH HYLAND
Oh, she looks so cute! Such a doll, such a pretty dress! I die for her braid, the color of her dress and how flawless her skin looks. I think I relate to this look because we're on the same age group and it's so nice to see girls my age wear something age appropriate and not try to look older, like Ariel Winter in my opinion. She's beautiful and she owned this look for sure.

olivia wilde

OLIVIA WILDE
Hi, God, it's Francisca. Can I please, please, please look like Olivia Wilde when I'm pregnant?! Thank you! Seriously! How?! She looks flawless, and it doesn't hurt that the dress is in an emerald green shade which is one of my favorites (and goes so well with her gorgeous eyes!) and that she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Nope, doesn't hurt at all...

jessica chastain

JESSICA CHASTAIN
I know lots of people didn't like this look, but I personally love it. I'm not a fan of the hairstyle she chose, it looks messy and sloppy but her milky skin like mine, you guys! Her gorgeous hair color! The beautiful shape of the dress! The fact she's one of the nicest actresses out there! Oh, I love her. Not one of my favorite looks of hers but she still looks beautiful. Stay sweet and beautiful, Jessica!

jenna dewan-tatum

JENNA DEWAN-TATUM
Um, there are many things I'm envious of Jenna for. Her beautiful husband, for one. That beautiful, angelic face. Those gorgeous eyes. And... that figure. Yes, she looks terrific! I love these mermaid style dresses and while I normally don't like busy and loud patterns, this works really well on her figure! Good for you, Jenna! Now give me your husband.


That's it! Hope you enjoyed this post, I'd love to see your top picks from the Golden Globes! Already counting down the days to the next red carpet... Aaaaaah, have I mentioned how much I love award season?! Have a good week, loves!

Comments

back to top