KIKO Mat Base Corrector Primer

IMG_2774
IMG_2767png

I have oily skin. Trust me when I say, it's a pain in the ass. Seeing that annoying shine on my face and knowing nothing I put on my face will ever control it 100% annoys me to no end. I can't tell you the amount of products I've tried that claim to be "matte" and nothing seems to work. Big fat lie, them.

Truth be told, I've never been into beauty stuff until recently. My money went to clothes 99% of the time, but I'm just now turning into the massive world of lipsticks, primers, powders and the lot. As I was browsing through Kiko's site, I saw this and I was immediately drawn in. Mattifying? Yes please! At 8.90€, it's not the cheapest out there, but I figured I'd give it a go.

Now... This is where it gets tough. I tried this under an Avon BB cream that *claims* to be matte but only makes my skin 120 times shinier (boohoo, Avon!), and it controlled the oil pretty damn well. But! It left my skin feeling super tight and the next day, it was super dry. Literally, my whole T zone area was peeling. Note to self: never wish to have dry skin again.

It's that kinda product that works but has some side effects I'd rather avoid. Now I realise I'd rather have that sort of dewy (read: not shiny!) look on my face as opposed to peeling skin making me look like a dragon.

Comments

back to top