Subtle Glow

IMG_7632
So... It's February. Our skins haven't soaked up a single ray of sunshine in what feels like a century and a half. Our complexions are ghastly white and we're still a long way from summer... Are you sufficiently depressed or shall I carry on? ;). Luckily, this doesn't have to be the case, because I have found quite possibly my favourite self tan ever!

Ora bem, estamos em fevereiro. A nossa pele já não vê um raio de sol há um século e meio. Estamos (ok, estou) branca como a neve e ainda faltam uns bons meses até ao verão... Já vos deprimi o suficiente ou devo continuar? ;). Felizmente, este cenário tristonho não tem de continuar, pois encontrei talvez a melhor marca de autobronzeador que já experimentei (e já experimentei muitas!).

IMG_7651-2

I stumbled upon NKD SKN by Vita Liberata by chance, to be perfectly honest. I was browsing my local pharmacy looking for a new sunscreen for my face when I saw these lying around, and they intrigued me right away. I'm definitely not a fan of tanning in the sun because of the (immense) damage it causes your skin, so a subtle self tanner has always been my go-to. Problem is, we've all been there with the orange streaks, the biscuit smell and that overall terrible Snooki-esque look. Well, not anymore!

Encontrei os produtos NKD SKN da Vita Liberata por acaso. Estava eu na minha vida na Well's, à procura de um protetor solar para o rosto, quando vi estes produtos lá escondidinhos. Não sou fã de expôr a minha pele diretamente ao sol, pelos riscos que corremos ao fazê-lo, pelo que um autobronzeador bem leve é o meu salvador. O problema é que normalmente estes só trazem complicações: pele com manchas laranjas, aquele cheiro a biscoitos terrível, e aquele aspeto à 'cheeto' que ninguém gosta. 

IMG_7631

I was initially going to pick up the Tinted Tan Mousse in 'Medium' (featured in this post), which will surely give you a deeper tan, but I wanted to start slowly and see how I felt about the product, so I picked up the Gradual Glow Daily Tan Moisturiser instead. This (huge) tube of lotion has 250ml of product and is white in colour, with a gel-like texture. I was eager to get cracking, so before I went to bed I lathered this all over my body (having scrubbed nicely in the morning). It dried up fast, so I was able to get in my pj's and slide into bed fairly quickly! Major plus. As for the 'odourless' claims, I will say you do have a slight biscuity smell, but it's all gone in the morning once you shower and rinse your body. And guys... GUYS. Let's discuss how soft this makes your skin feel. So, so, soft! I'm talking baby's butt soft. Yes. Girl, yes.

Inicialmente ia comprar a Tinted Tan Mousse na cor 'Medium' (já apareceu no blog por aqui), que certamente dará uma cor mais escura e será ideal para o verão, mas para começar optei por um prodto mais subtil, o Gradual Glow Daily Tan Moisturiser. Esta embalagem (enorme) traz 250ml de produto e o creme é branco, com uma textura quase de gel. Estava ansiosa por experimentar, por isso antes de me deitar, espalhei uma quantidade generosa pelo corpo todo (esfoliei a pele de manhã). O creme secou bem rápido, em menos de cinco minutos, portanto pude vestir o pijama e meter-me na caminha! Fiquei logo impressionada por aí. Quanto ao 'sem odor', sente-se um bocadinho aquele cheiro a 'biscoito' tão característico nos autobronzeadores, mas muito pouco e na manhã seguinte já desapareceu, depois de um duche rápido. E, minhas amigas, falemos de quão suave a pele fica depois de usar este creme. Tipo, rabinho de bebé. Ju-ro.

IMG_7629

The tan, you ask? Well, it's amazing how it develops throughout the night and you wake up with a subtle healthy glow after just one use! I woke up with a few streaks on my hands, which was dumb of me for not using a mitt or gloves, but if you use one or the other, you won't get any of that! I'm seriously so impressed! I will layer this over a week and see how long it takes me to reach that 'ideal' natural glow I'm after. I can't wait to try the Tinted Tan Mousse next! Click below to check out my picks from the NKD SKN range. 

E o bronzeado, perguntam vocês? Oh minhas amigas, é incrível como uma loção destas desenvolve durante a noite e nos dá aquele 'glow' subtil como quem não quer a coisa! É claro que não ficam logo a parecer que chegaram das Maldivas com apenas um dia de uso, mas o resultado é muito bonito! Recomendo, porém, que usem luvas para aplicar o produto, de modo a evitar aquelas manchas que me apareceram nas mãos (estupidez minha). Mal posso esperar para experimentar mais produtos da gama NKD SKN, que podem consultar em baixo!

Comments

back to top