Emma Hardie Moringa, The Balm of All Cleansing Balms



Sometimes some products are SO good that you don't even want to write a big ol' introduction and keep people on the edge of their seats to find out whether you'd recommend it or not... Yep, that is the case here! Wow is really all I can say about the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, probably the best skincare product I have ever tried.

Before we start, I have to let you know that my skin probably wins the award for World's Most Sensitive and Annoying Skin, considering it reacts to nearly EVERYTHING – foundations (especially), eye creams, primers, moisturisers... You name it, my skin reacts to it. It's a totally pain in the bum, so I wasn't really expecting miracles with this. Still, I finally took the plunge when I saw the Christmas bauble on Cult Beauty for a really kind price (skincare is expensive as fudge) and the magic unravelled in front of my very eyes.

Às vezes há produtos TÃO bons que dispensam qualquer introdução para vos deixar a salivar... Sim, é o caso com este bálsamo de limpeza Moringa da Emma Hardie – wow é a única palavra que me ocorre, uma vez que este é talvez o melhor produto de cuidados de rosto que alguma vez experimentei!

Antes de começar, tenho de vos dizer que a minha pele provalvemente ganha o prémio para Pele Mais Irritante e Sensível do Mundo, isto porque reage a praticamente TUDO – bases (especialmente), creme de olhos, primers, hidrantantes... É uma chatice e deixa-me com medo de experimentar coisas novas, mas já queria experimentar este bálsamo há que tempos e por isso aproveitei o kit de Natal que vi na Cult Beauty. Rezei a todos os Santos que não me fizesse nada à pele e eles responderam: não só não reagi, como me apaixonei por este bálsamo mágico!



I used to be super lazy and taking my makeup off was an horrific chore to me, but now I find myself looking forward to the end of the day so I can perform my little ritual – I scoop the tiniest bit of the EH balm, massage it slowly in round motions over my face (the orange and neroli scent of the balm is SO calming) and see the makeup melt off in seconds. It doesn't strip the skin, instead it hydrates, plumps and cleanses it thoroughly, leaving you looking glowing and like a goddamn princess who has her life together. Afterwards, I clean my face with a damp lukewarm dual cleansing cloth that comes with the balm and go over my face with the Simple Micellar Water, which I prefer over Garnier.

This comes with 100ml of product, which may not sound a lot but trust me, it IS! My tiny 15ml pot lasted me for 3 months with daily use, so that should tell you something. Honestly, if you see me actually fork out over 15€ for a cleanser, you know it's damn good!

Costumava ser super preguiçosa e tirar a maquilhagem era uma chatice para mim, mas agora vejo-me a ficar entusiasmada com a chegada do fim do dia para fazer o meu pequeno ritual – um pedacinho do bálsamo chega e sobra para cobrir o rosto. Massajo devagar em moções circulares por todo o lado e tiro o excesso com água morna e com a toalha de limpeza que vem com o bálsamo. Não seca a pele; em vez disso hidrata-a, reafirma-a e limpa-a em profundidade, deixando para trás um brilho LINDO de princesa maravilhosa sem problemas na vida. Depois, passo um pouco da água micelar da Simple por todo o rosto.  

O bálsamo vem com 100ml de produto, o que pode parecer pouco mas confiem, é imenso! A minha amostra de 15ml durou-me 3 meses com uso diário, portanto este pote enorme vai durar-vos uma vida – e ainda bem, porque se gasto mais de 15€ num produto de limpeza de rosto, é bom que dure e dure e dure! 


PSA: I used to be one of those people who took their makeup off with a generous helping of the Garnier Micellar Water alone, but it wasn't until I started to double cleanse that I really noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. Gals, you still have makeup residue clogging your pores and running havoc on your face if you use just the micellar water! Double cleansing is the sh*t and will do wonders for your skin, trust me.

The Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm retails for £39 on Cult Beauty. However, if you want to test it first, this is a great kit!

P.S.: Costumava ser daquelas pessoas que tirava a maquilhagem apenas com a água micelar da Garnier, mas só me apercebi da importância do double cleansing quando comecei a usar este bálsamo e vi a diferença gigante que fez na minha pele. Meninas, ainda ficam com maquilhagem a entupir-vos os poros (e, consequentemente, a causar-vos acne) se usarem apenas toalhitas desmaquilhantes ou a água micelar!

Comprei o bálsamo na Maquillalia por 35€ graças a uma promoção de 20% (que entretanto já acabou), mas fiquem atentas porque há sempre descontos lá ou na FeelUnique



Have you tried this? If not, what's your favourite cleansing balm? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

back to top