Jo Malone, The Ultimate Luxury Experience



I have to admit, Jo Malone counters used to scare me to death. It's pretty impossible to walk past and not marvel at the sheer luxury and decadence of it all. I, however, have had one or two less than pleasant encounters with snooty sales assistants in high end counters who would rush to help the gal carrying a Chanel bag and flat out ignore the girl carrying a Zara one, so I always feared Jo Malone would be the same. But oh, it is not! When you visit a Jo Malone counter you can expect feeling extra special when you leave, and that's why I make a habit of returning every once in a while.

My first cologne was my beloved Mimosa & Cardamom (still my favourite cologne ever) but when it ran out, I knew I wanted to try something different. I was really torn between the iconic Peony & Blush Suede and the famous English Pear & Freesia, but I ended up going for the latter as it felt fresher and subtle for Summer.

Tenho de admitir: costumava ter pavor a balcões Jo Malone. É praticamente impossível ficar-lhes indiferente, tudo em torno da marca grita luxo e decadência, pelo que fiquei sempre de pé atrás. Tive uma ou duas más experiências com algumas assistentes de corners luxuosos, que estavam sempre prontas a ajudar a mulher com uma mala Chanel e a ignorar a que trazia uma da Zara, pelo que sempre imaginei que seria o mesmo na Jo Malone. Nada disso! Quando visitam um balcão da marca, podem ter a certeza que saem de lá a sentir-se mais especiais e felizes do que quando lá chegaram, pelo que gosto de voltar de vez em quando para espreitar as novidades.

A minha primeira colónia foi a minha querida Mimosa & Cardamom (continua a ser a minha favorita de sempre) mas quando acabou, senti que queria experimentar algo diferente. Estava muito indecisa entre a Peony & Blush Suede e a English Pear & Freesia, mas optei pela última por ser mais subtil e fresca para o verão.



I'm very sensitive to smells and I tend to really dislike mainstream fragrances – my beloved Flowerbomb is the exception to the rule –, so I always turn to these perfect Jo Malone colognes, each more unique and special than the last. This one combines a touch of King William Pear, Freesia and Patchouli, which gives it a musky touch to break up the floral and fruity notes. It's so subtle, so delicious and so feminine, I simply can't get enough of it! It's absolutely perfect when layered with Peony & Blush Suede, so I know that one will be my next purchase.

Sou muito sensível a cheiros e não costumo gostar de perfumes comerciais – o meu rico Flowerbomb é a exceção à regra –, portanto viro-me sempre para estas colónias, cada uma mais especial do que a outra. Esta combina o aroma frutado da Pêra Inglesa, a flor de Frésia e Patchouli, que dá um toque mais amadeirado para fugir ao frutado e floral. É tão subtil, tão delicioso e tão feminino, não me canso de o cheirar! Fica perfeito quando combinado com o Peony & Blush Suede, portanto já sei qual vai ser a minha próxima compra.



Have you tried Jo Malone colognes? What's your favourite scent?

Comments

back to top