Body Shop addiction

Body Shop

Okay, so I have a slight The Body Shop appreciation. Except it's not slight nor is it an appreciation, it's more of a mammoth big obsession with the brand and their products. Guilty!

I can't help myself, though: besides their affordable line of skincare, makeup and other bits and bobs, their values set them apart from any other company. Why? They're against animal testing, which is a major plus in my books (seriously, just google the stuff big cosmetic companies are doing to so many poor little creatures, it's heart wrenching!) and they aim to protect the planet we live in, amongst other things. 

However, it's because I genuinely believe in the products they sell that I'm so inexplicably drawn to this brand. So, I thought I'd round up some of my favourite products for you. Oh, and please buckle up because it's a rather large post...

Moisturiser

Before I kick things off, let me proclaim my love for The Body Shop's Tea Tree line. Holy shmokes, it's brilliant! My skin is pretty decent and clean nowadays but I was prone to some bad breakouts back in my early teens which, as many of you know, can really put a damper on a girl's confidence, ey? So as more of a preventive measure, I thought I'd choose a moisturiser that really fights the acne even if it's not present, as well as combating the ever present shine my face seems to love oh so much. I think this product is fabulous and you can really tell a difference after a couple weeks' usage.

Antes de mais, achei prudente revelar a minha obsessão com a linha Tea Tree da Body Shop. Meu Deus, como é fantástica! A minha pele está limpa e decente quase sempre mas no início da adolescência tive aquela fase mais propícia ao acne que, como sabem, danifica sempre a confiança de todos nós. Assim, mais como uma medida preventiva, achei por bem escolher um creme hidratante que combate qualquer sintoma de acne mesmo não estando numa fase mais chata, mas que também consiga controlar o brilho e a oleosidade que a minha pele parece adorar... que fazer? Acho este produto top e consegue-se notar diferenças na pele num curto espaço de tempo.

Cream Wash

This product, also from the Tea Tree line, was more of an impulse buy than anything else. I usually wipe off my make up with some cotton pads and my trusty Garnier Micellar Water and that's that (I know, I'm a lazy bum!). However, in one of my regular TBS browsing sprees, I saw this cream wash and thought I'd give it a whirl. Now girls, you don't know how much make up and dirt your face still holds in even after a good wash with your micellar water or make up wipes! This gives my face a thorough wash and that supple, fresh, smooth feel that I love so much. Definitely repurchasing this!

Este produto, também da linha Tea Tree, foi mais uma compra de impulso do que propriamente um produto que queria há muito tempo. Normalmente removo a minha maquilhagem com a água micelar da Garnier e ala que se faz tarde (sim, eu sei, a preguiça...). Porém, numa das minhas habituais excursões à Body Shop, vi este creme e decidi experimentar. A sério, meninas, não entendem quanta maquilhagem e sujidade ainda fica na nossa cara mesmo depois de a lavarmos com os nossos produtos desmaquilhantes! Este creme dá-me uma sensação de frescura e de pele lisa e limpa que tanto adoro. De certeza que vou voltar a comprar!

BB Cream

Lastly, but certainly not least, is the TBS Flawless BB Cream in 01, the lightest shade. I'm not a fan of high coverage foundations, or even foundations as a whole, because I feel they're too heavy and unnatural looking. I'm more of a tinted moisturiser, BB/CC cream kinda girl simply because they're considerably lighter and allow your skin to breathe and thus, causing considerably less breakouts. My other problem is brands seem to hate catering to fair skinned girls. Seriously! Why is it so hard to find a foundation that matches my ghostly pale skin, world!? I do not wish to look orange, or have my face be five shades darker than my chest. Alas, this BB cream was the answer to my prayers. Yes, it's still a tinsy winsy (yes, that's a word, shush) darker than my skin tone but that's barely noticeable and it feels extremely light on the skin. It's a buildable light to medium coverage and it doesn't make me feel guilty for smacking heavy foundations onto my poor skin. Win!

Por fim, temos o BB cream da Body Shop na cor 01, a mais clarinha. Não sou fã de bases pesadas, ou bases ponto, porque sinto que são muito pesadonas e pouco naturais. Sou mais uma miúda dos cremes com cor ou BB/CC creams, simplesmente porque são consideravelmente mais leves e deixam a minha pele respirar, logo, menos propícia a acne. Yay! O meu outro problema é que as marcas parecem esquecer-se das meninas mais pálidas. Não entendo a dificuldade em criar uma base que seja adequada à minha pele fantasmagórica e que não me faça parecer um cheeto. Assim sendo, este BB cream foi a solução (quase) ideal. Quase porque ainda é um bocadinho mais escuro que o meu tom de pele (sim, é díficil ser tão branquinha...) mas mal se nota e dá uma sensação leve e de que não tens nada na pele. É uma cobertura leve a média e não me faz sentir uma drag queen com 300kg de maquilhagem na cara!

Comments

back to top