MAC Lipstick Collection


After sharing my top 3 favourite MAC lipsticks of all time here, I felt it'd be interesting to show you guys the full collection! MAC lipstick videos were one of my favourites to watch on YouTube when I first got into makeup and I loved putting together this little post, even though, at this rate, I feel like I'll have a little Charlotte Tilbs collection to share with you lot soon...

Depois de ter partilhado convosco os meus 3 batons favoritos da MAC aqui, pensei que seria uma boa ideia continuar a espalhar o amor pela MAC ao mostrar a minha coleção! Os vídeos sobre a coleção de batons da MAC são uns dos meus favoritos no YouTube e já os via antes de ganhar este bichinho da maquilhagem, portanto adorei fotografar e compor este post! Se bem que, por este andar, mais depressa tenho uma coleção cheia de Charlotte Tilbury do que MAC... Oops!


THE NUDES

L-R: Honeylove, Velvet Teddy and Blankety 

Of course I had to start with the nudes! The three lipsticks you see here are the same three I featured on my Top 3 MAC lipsticks post, so I'll be brief here. My favourite of the three is definitely Velvet Teddy, a true pinky brown that embodies the whole 90's vibe that is still going on. If you happen to be a fan of a true nude lipstick, Honeylove and Blankety are the shades you want! Honeylove and Velvet Teddy are both Mattes, while Blankety is Amplified.

É claro que tinha de começar com os nudes! Os três batons que podem ver aqui são os batons que incluí no meu post dos Top 3 da MAC aqui, portanto vou ser breve. O meu favorito dos três é o Velvet Teddy, aquele castanho com um toque levezinho de rosa que é a trend dos 90's personificada. Se gostam mais do nude puro, então o Honeylove e o Blankety são os batons que recomendo! O Honeylove e o Velvet Teddy são Matte, enquanto o Blankety é Amplified.


THE PINKS

L-R: Angel, Brave, Peach Blossom, Only You

Aaaah, I love me some pink lipstick. Even though I'm partial to a good nude lip, I'll still take a good pink lipstick over a browny one any day, so it's no wonder I've got four of these! My most worn lipstick out of the four is Angel, a true baby pink in a Frost finish. I was after Creme Cup originally, but it was out of stock so I settled on Angel – no regrets here! This is surprisingly my most worn MAC lipstick but I do save it for Spring and Summer, so it'll be making a reappearance soon... Brave is also one of my favourite shades. It's a mauve pink so perfect for Autumn/Winter and the fact it's a Satin finish makes it long lasting but still super comfortable. 

The last two are definitely Summer shades, as they're on the peach and coral pink end of the spectrum! Peach Blossom is one of those easy shades that you can just chuck in your handbag and reapply throughout the day. It's a Cremesheen and I mostly use it to give my lips a bit of a sheen as it's so sheer there's barely any colour punching through. Only You is from the Ellie Goulding for MAC collection and it's such a beautiful colour for the Summer! My friend kindly gifted it to me and surprisingly I've been reaching for it a lot lately – it's also a Cremesheen so it makes my lips look so juicy and it's the perfect shade of coral pink, absolutely love it.

Aaaah, adoro um bom batom rosa. Apesar de andar numa onda totalmente nude, prefiro na mesma um batom rosa a um batom mais nude/acastanhado, portanto não me surpreende que tenha estes quatro aqui em rotação! O mais amado é mesmo o Angel, um rosa bebé num acabamento Frost. O que eu queria mesmo era o Crème Cup, mas estava esgotado quando fui à loja e decidi então optar pelo Angel – no regrets! É surpreendentemente o batom que mais usei (já está a chegar ao fim), mas guardo-o para a primavera e verão por ser um rosa mais levezinho e clarinho. Já o Brave é um rosa mais escuro e a puxar para o roxo, para mim é mais uma cor de outono do que propriamente verão (puxa um bocado escuro nos meus lábios, como todos os batons) mas adoro-o na mesma. É um Satin, uma das minhas fórmulas favoritas.

Do outro lado temos os rosas pêssego e o coral, duas cores que gritam calor, sol e verão! O primeiro é o Peach Blossom, uma daquelas cores que podem andar sempre na carteira para qualquer eventualidade, nem é preciso espelho para o aplicar! É um batom que não vos vai dar grande cor aos lábios, só mesmo uma corzinha saudável e um gloss bonito, mas é sempre bom ter na coleção. É um Cremesheen, portanto a durabilidade não é a melhor e até acho que os Cremesheen secam um pouco os lábios (serei só eu?). O outro é o Only You, da coleção limitada da Ellie Goulding para a MAC. Este sim é o verdadeiro coral forte e aquela cor oficial do verão, se bem que tenho andado a pegar nele muito ultimamente porque estou farta das cores mortiças e dos matte – glossy lips, please! É também um Cremesheen.


THE BRIGHTS

L-R: Chatterbox, Rebel

Chatterbox was actually my very first MAC lipstick ever! This was a gift from my friend and it was what kick started the whole addiction – I was too 'scared' to go into a MAC counter because the staff there are mostly so rude and unwelcoming! But anyway, I digress. Chatterbox is a lovely bright pink that is also great for the summertime and the fact it's from the Amplified range means it's super creamy but super opaque at the same time. 

Rebel, on the other hand, is one of those cult lipsticks from MAC when it comes to that pop of colour! It's definitely an Autumn/Winter colour for me, as it's in that vampy purple shade that actually looks different on everyone. It's a Satin, but it's creamier than any other Satin lipstick I've ever tried and it definitely has a slight sheen to it, but it looks absolutely gorgeous and wears super well.

O Chatterbox foi o meu primeiro batom da MAC, acho que em 2015. Foi um presente de uma amiga minha e foi o batom que começou este vício todo – antes tinha 'medo' de entrar numa loja da MAC porque o staff é, na sua grande maioria, algo antipático e pouco prestável, mas pronto. Este batom é da linha Amplified, o que significa que é muito cremoso mas também super opaco, sendo que é uma cor mais para o verão por ser um rosa bem forte, quase Barbie.

O Rebel, por outro lado, é um daqueles batons culto da MAC no que toca a batons fortes. É definitivamente uma cor de outono/inverno, porque é daqueles roxos mesmo vampy e statement que fica diferente em quase toda a gente! É um Satin, mas é mais cremoso do que todos os Satins que já experimentei, quase que deixa um brilho nos lábios muito subtil. Fica lindo e dura bastante bem!


How big is your MAC lipstick collection? Do you have a favourite shade?

Também têm uma coleção de batons da MAC? Qual é a vossa cor favorita?

Comments

back to top