My Favourite Blog Photography Props



Happy Monday! To counteract the dreaded Monday blues (I'm suffering from those too...), I decided to bring you a little resourceful post!

Lately I've been making a conscious effort to really elevate my blog and Instagram photography, and I feel that the way I've done that is to invest in nifty little props that make my photos pop in a way they didn't before. There's no need to spend loads of money either, the smallest things are sometimes the ones that make the most difference and I've round up some of my favourite little bits to share with you lot today.

Feliz segunda-feira! Para remar contra a maré da tristeza típica da segunda-feira (também estou a sofrer dessa maleita neste momento), pensei em trazer-vos um post com alguma inspiração para as vossas fotos!

Ultimamente ando a fazer um esforço maior para elevar as fotografias que publico aqui e no Instagram (espreitem no fundo da página) e acho que o consegui ao investir em pequenas coisas que tornaram as minhas fotos mais bonitas e apelativas. Não há necessidade de gastar imenso dinheiro, às vezes são coisas pequenas que encontramos em lojas de decoração ou até mesmo no chinês que fazem toda a diferença! Hoje partilho convosco alguns dos meus adereços favoritos...

STARS & CONFETTI

You know that awkward space in your flatlay that you just can't seem to fill? Or maybe the background just looks to plain and boring... Either way, my solution is: confetti! It's a pain in the ass to clean up, but they make photos look SO lovely! My sister picked me up two nifty packets of stars (silver and gold) which are actually meant as nail decor, but they're so tiny and delicate that they fit right into my flatlays, giving them a whole new dimension.

Sabem aquele espaço vazio no vosso flatlay que não conseguem preencher? Ou se calhar o fundo parece muito vazio e aborrecido... De qualquer das formas, a minha solução é confetti! É um horror para arrumar, mas deixa as fotos lindas. A minha irmã comprou-me duas caixinhas de estrelas (douradas e prateadas) no chinês e, apesar de ser decoração de unhas, resultam mesmo bem nas fotos ;).

SCARVES

Same idea: got an awkward space in your flatlay you can't fill? Perhaps on the sides or down below? A hint of fluffy scarf will do the trick! I love to use my huge blanket scarf from Stradivarius which fits right into my blog and Instagram theme (it's pink, duh). Awkward spaces be gone!

A mesma ideia: têm um espaço chato e vazio? Ponham um cachecol nisso! Uso um cachecol manta da Stradivarius que encaixa que nem uma luva nas minhas fotos (é rosa e cinza, duh). 

RIBBON

Got any left over ribbon from your Christmas wrapping? If so, why not use it on your flatlays? I generally prefer either white or light pink ribbons, so that they aren't too overpowering or distracting from the subject I want to focus on, but they look gorgeous on any flatlay!

Têm fitas que sobraram dos embrulhos de Natal? E que tal usarem-nas nas fotos? Geralmente prefiro fitas brancas ou rosa claro, para que não se evidenciem muito nas fotos e tirem a atenção do sujeito que quero focar, mas ficam lindas em qualquer flatlay!

FLOWER PETALS

This was a recent idea of mine and I really liked how it turned out. I picked up some fake flower petals (or you can pluck real ones, although I wouldn't recommend that, haha) and use them as a background to place a few items on! I use white and pink petals, but I avoid anything too bright otherwise the focus will be on the background rather than what you place on top of it.

Esta foi uma ideia recente e gostei imenso do resultado final. A minha irmã (a maior impulsionadora das minhas fotos) comprou-me dois sets de pétalas falsas rosa e brancas para usar nas fotos e adorei usá-las como fundo com aquilo que quero fotografar por cima.

WHITE RUG, THROWS AND BLANKETS

Ah, a classic! I think everyone has used a rug as a background at some point. I have one from IKEA that I use as a chair cover on my vanity, but it can also double as a photo background occasionally. A good blanket or fluffy throw is just as good as well!

Ah, aquele clássico! Acho que toda a gente já usou um tapete de pelo nas fotos. Tenho um baratuxo do IKEA que uso como cobertura da cadeira da minha vanity, mas também resulta muito bem como fundo das fotos por ser branco. Também adoro usar cobertores e mantas fofinhas (adoro as da Primark) nas fotos!

FAUX FUR VEST

Bit of a weird one, isn't it? Well... Not really! I love a good furry background and I've recently been using my little sister's pink faux fur vest as a background on my photos. I try not to use too much as to not to overdo it, but it looks gorgeous every once in a while!

Um bocado estranho, né? Bem... Nem por isso! Adoro um fundo fofinho e com pelo e recentemente tenho usado o colete de pelo rosa da minha irmã mais nova como fundo das fotos. Tento não usar demasiado para não enjoar, mas acho que dá aquele toque super feminino de vez em quando!


JEWELLERY

The more delicate, the better! I especially love simple necklaces and rings to fill up those empty spaces in your shot.

Quanto mais delicada, melhor! Gosto especialmente de usar colares simples e anéis pequenos para preencher espaços vazios nas fotos.

ANYTHING ROSE GOLD

We can all agree that rose gold is a blogger (and people in general) pleaser, can't we? I recently picked up these eyelash curlers from Primark for no other reason than to use them on my flatlays... Am I ashamed? Absolutely not! 

Todos concordamos que qualquer coisa em rose gold é imediatamente #goals para uma blogger (ou pessoa em geral), certo? Exemplo: comprei estes curvex rose gold na Primark apenas com o propósito de os usar nas minhas fotos... Vergonha? Nenhuma!

CANDLES

I haven't mustered the courage to go bankrupt on some lovely Diptyque candles just yet, but they sure are a blogger favourite! However, any will do: in fact, I love my cheap huge pink baby powder candles from IKEA and they look pretty in the background of my photos. 

Ainda não ganhei coragem de declarar falência e comprar uma vela Diptyque, mas já sabemos que são as favoritas das bloggers! Porém, qualquer uma faz (praticamente, vá) o mesmo efeito: uso as rosa de pó de bebé do IKEA, são baratinhas, mega cheirosas e ficam super giras no fundo das fotos.

MAGAZINES

How could I forget the newest issue of ELLE or Vogue magazine? My personal favourite is Glamour actually, but you can use whichever!

Como esquecer a mais recente edição da ELLE ou da Vogue? Aliás, a minha favorita é a Glamour, mas o que interessa é que qualquer revista fica TOP nas fotos.




Et voilá! Did I miss anything? Let me know what your favourite props are down below!
E pronto! Esqueci-me de alguma coisa? Digam-me nos comentários quais são os vossos adereços favoritos!

Comments

back to top