How I Edit My Instagram Photos: White & Pink Feed



I'm obsessed with organised and dreamy Instagram feeds. Some people have a Pinterest addiction, but my own personal crack is a good, clean and girly IG feed. I love photographing and planning my own, but I especially love the process of editing my photos and making them look just right!


I'm always on the lookout for inspiration and I'm such a nosy gal when it comes to figuring out just how people achieve such dreamy and drool worthy Instagram feeds! I feel like this is definitely is a matter of trial and error and everyone should have their own style and not blatantly copy others, but I've been getting so many requests to share how I edit my photos that I thought I'd give you some tips and insight on this (unnecessarily lengthy) process! Sit back, because this will be a looooong post. Also, to see how I take my blog and IG photos, check out this post!

Sou viciada em contas organizadas e dreamy no Instagram. Há quem seja viciado no Pinterest, mas a minha droga (salvo seja) de eleição é um feed girly e cheio de rosa e branco. Adoro fotografar e planear a minha conta, mas o que gosto mesmo é de editar as minhas fotos e fazer com que fiquem no ponto!

Estou sempre à procura de inspiração e sou super curiosa no que toca a descobrir o processo de edição de toda a gente, especialmente se tiverem um feed branquinho e rosa como eu gosto! Sinto que descobrir o nosso estilo é um processo de tentativa-erro e que cada um deve ter o seu estilo próprio ao invés de simplesmente copiar os outros, mas quero deixar-vos aqui algumas dicas e explicar-vos o (super longo e desnecessário) processo que uso para editar as minhas fotos! Se querem ver como tiro as fotos para o blog e para o IG, espreitem este post.


A P P S  &  E D I T I N G

V S C O 


Let's get the obligatory one out of the way! I used to use VSCO on every single one of my photos when I first started my IG, but I've been using it less and less these days. Since I changed my theme to more white, clean and pink, VSCO has taken a backseat as the filters and such are a bit harsh, even though you can't beat this free app! My favourite filters are A6 (the one I use the most), HB1, E5, S3 and C2.

On a normal photo, this is my process: A6 filter, Saturation +0.5, Temperature +0.5, Contrast +1.5, Sharpen +2.1, Exposure +2.9, Tint +1.3. 

Vamos tirar a app obrigatória do caminho! Costumava usar o VSCO em todas as minhas fotos quando criei o meu IG, mas tenho recorrido cada vez menos a esta app desde que mudei o look do meu feed. Tendo em conta que quero um esquema de cores mais leve, branco e rosado, acho que os filtros do VSCO podem ser 'pesados' e difíceis de trabalhar. Ainda assim, tenho os meus favoritos de sempre: o A6 (o mais usado), HB1, E5, S3 e C2.

O meu processo habitual é este: A6, Saturação +0.5, Temperatura +0.5, Contraste +1.5, Sharpen +2.1, Exposure +2.9, Tint +1.3.

A F T E R L I G H T


I loooove Afterlight! I love this app mainly because of its great Brightness and Exposure tools and the fact you can record and basically make your own filters with this. To prep my photos, I usually turn the Brightness all the way up twice (100 at first, 50 the second time, but depends on the photos), add in some Contrast (30) and then Sharpen it (40). 

Then, I go in with Highlights and Midtones – Red (20) on the Highlights; Blue (20) on the Midtones, just to make the photo look more pink. Then I take down the Temperature to about 10, because I like my photos to be cooler. When it comes to filters, I love Magnolia (more yellow), Brook (more pink) and Idaho (brighter). I never use any filter in its full intensity, I usually take it down to about 50 or 60, but it depends on each photo.

Adooooro o Afterlight! Gosto muito de usar esta aplicação pela ferramenta de Brightness e Exposure e também pelo facto de poder gravar o processo, criando o nosso próprio filtro! Para preparar as minhas fotos, normalmente aumento a luminosidade duas vezes (primeiro até 100, na segunda vez até 50 dependendo da foto), acrescento contraste (30) e sharpen (40).

Depois, mexo com os Highlights e Midtones – nos Highlights aumento o vermelho até 20 e nos Midtones aumento o azul também até 20, de forma a tornar a foto mais rosa. Baixo a temperatura até 10, porque gosto que as fotos não fiquem tão amareladas. No que toca a filtros, há 3 que gosto muito: o Magnolia (mais creme), Brook (mais rosa) e Idaho (mais luz). No entanto, nunca uso os filtros na totalidade, normalmente baixo-os até 50 ou 60 dependendo da foto.

S N A P S E E D


The most handy app of all! I can't tell you how many times I installed and uninstalled this Google (!) app, but now that I finally figured out how to use it to its full potential, I don't think I'll ever be without it! The super useful Selective tool has changed my LIFE, seeing as it lets you select those dark areas in a photo and turn up the brightness to get rid of shadows or dark spots. This makes SUCH a massive difference to my photos and basically allows me to keep that coveted white theme everyone seems to want these days! I also love the Curves tool in this, which makes it even more similar to Photoshop.

Aside from that, I also use the Brush tool to increase the saturation in certain areas of a photo (eg: a lipstick). This is definitely an app made for tweaks and small things that someone as detail oriented as me always needs to have control over, haha! 

A app mais porreira de sempre! Nem vos sei dizer quantas vezes instalei e desinstalei esta aplicação do Google (!) mas agora que lhe apanhei o jeito, não me vejo sem ela! A ferramenta Selective deixa-nos selecionar qualquer área mais escura das fotos e iluminá-la instantaneamente. Faz uma diferença brutal nas fotos, especialmente para quem quer manter um tema branco como eu! Também adoro a ferramenta das Curvas, que é muito semelhante ao Photoshop.

Para além dessas duas, também uso a ferramenta Brush para aumentar a saturação em áreas específicas das fotos (como num batom, por exemplo). Resumindo, esta aplicação é perfeita para pequenas mudanças e melhorias nas fotos!

A   C O L O R   S T O R Y


My most recent discovery and I'm so so smitten with this app! The filters in this are so soft and girly (though they're not free, except the basic ones) and I've already invested in two sets, the Flashes of Delight and Airy packs. This also boasts the Curves tool which is my favourite way of brightening up a photo and I just love playing around with this app, there's so many different combinations of filters you can use! 

Here's my current go-to process: turn up Curves; turn up Contrast; Sharpen slightly; Cassidy (Flashes of Delight) filter to 80%.

A minha descoberta mais recente e estou tão, tão enamorada com esta app! Os filtros são super suaves e femininos (apesar de serem pagos, exceto os básicos) e já investi em dois packs, o Flashes of Delight e o Airy. A app também inclui a ferramenta de Curvas, a minha maneira favorita de aumentar a luz nas fotos. 

Adoro combinar os filtros nesta aplicação até chegar a uma combinação que me agrada, mas normalmente não fujo disto: aumentar as Curvas; aumentar o Contraste; Sharpen; usar o filtro Cassidy (Flashes of Delight) na intensidade 80.


F E E D 

M O S A I C O

You didn't think I'd go through all the hassle I described above and not obsess over the disposition of my feed, did you? Hehe! Before I used UNUM, which is free, to plan my feed when I first started out, but I felt it was a bit restrictive so I decided to invest in Mosaico. Admittedly this is pretty expensive (around 5€ I believe), but I love how clean and organised the app's design is and the fact it lets you move images around and write post descriptions with ease. It also keeps a cloud of your most used tags, which makes it easier to copy and paste them before you move into IG. Basically, it almost does all your work for you!

Não achavam que me dava ao trabalho de fazer tudo que detalhei em cima e depois não planear o meu feed até à exaustão, pois não? Hehe! Quando comecei a minha conta usava a aplicação UNUM, que é free, para planear o meu feed, mas comecei a achar que era bastante restritiva em termos de edição. Posto isto, decidi investir no Mosaico (custa cerca de 5€, creio) e não me arrependo, gosto muito do interface bem organizado e clean. O facto de me deixar mover as imagens e escrever descrições com facilidade também ajuda! Quem usar hashtags como eu tem uma cloud à disposição com as tags mais usadas, pelo que é só clicar e elas ficam logo na descrição. Vale imenso a pena!


VSCO • Afterlight • Snapseed • A Color Story • UNUM • Mosaico

Comments

back to top