Affordable Glowy Makeup Edit



So I know I've always said I'm not the biggest fan of drugstore makeup and that I much prefer to spend my pennies on high end goodies, but... Y'all, I was DUMB. Of course I still adore my high end makeup (you can never take away my Charlotte Tilbury lippies!) and I'll never stop buying those, but I've come to realise there are SO many amazing makeup goodies in the drugstore!

Recently I've been scouring the drugstore for some dewy, fabulous makeup products and I've found some that I'm utterly obsessed with! I know these probably won't be news to you, but here are my favourite new drugstore finds for an affordable and glowy Summer makeup look.


L'Óreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

I've been wanting to try cushion foundations for forever now, but I honestly didn't feel like paying the same amount of money I'd spend on a regular 30ml liquid foundation for a 15ml little cushion. Enter: this gorge L'Oréal foundation! I've heard so many amazing things about this foundation and I'm pleased to say they are all true – if you have dehydrated, dull skin and are looking for a dewy foundation that is perfect for these Summer months, then look no further! This gives the most gorgeous, glowy finish to the skin, basically everything I look for in a foundation. I have the shade 03 Vanilla, a pretty neutral shade which works great with my skin.

However, if you have oily skin and prefer a foundation that keeps shine at bay during Summer, then I'd give this a miss as it is very dewy. For when I want a more velvety finish, I reach for my L'Oréal True Match foundation, one I also adore.


Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer

This concealer came highly recommended by my friend Nanda and also by Faye, both of whom I trust implicitly! I haven't had the best luck with Bourjois products (breakouts and whatnot), but I love the sound of this concealer – it corrects, brightens and hydrates the skin, all of which sound like my absolute dream! I'm not someone who wears concealer on the daily (I'm lucky enough not to suffer from dark circles, even though I barely sleep ha ha ha), but I love wearing this under my eyes on no makeup days to brighten everything up! I have the shade 01 Ivoire.


L'Óreal Cushion de Soleil Bronzer

I mean, say what?! A cushion bronzer?! Safe to say my mind was blown when I saw that, even more so when I realised that this is bloody amazing! They say this is an universal shade but we all know that's impossible, but it is a gorgeous neutral shade that truly bronzes up the skin and makes it look uber glowy and healthy. The fact it's a cream product also makes it look very natural and helps it blend seamlessly into the skin, adding on to that whole 'I've just come back from the Caribbean' vibe!

Comments

back to top