2016 in the beauty department

beauty
Wow-eee, is 2016 gonna be a year of experiences in the beauty department! I've always been someone who doesn't get sucked into hypes (for the most part, anyway) and, therefore, doesn't really see the need to spend copious amounts of money on a single make up item. I mean, why fork out a ton of money for a product you can find elsewhere for a cheaper price?! Right?! Well, not in most cases. Here are some things I want to invest in throughout 2016...

» beauty blender (17€– probably the reason for this wishlist alone! You guys, I truthfully never really cared about this little thing. I kept hearing every beauty guru and their mum raving about it but I, for the life of me, couldn't fathom why on Earth I'd leave my trusty brushes for a sponge. But I, my lord, am not made of iron and have caved. Next time Sephora does a 20% off sale (which happens kinda regularly), I'm popping this little baby in my basket and finally see what all the fuss is about. I'll report back! // Provavelmente o produto que deu azo a esta lista! Minhas amigas, nunca quis saber desta coisita. Via todas as beauty gurus e os seus gatos a falar bem dela mas juro pela minha vida que ficava tipo 'por que carga de água é que vou largar os meus pinceis para usar uma esponja?'. Pois bem, não sou feita de ferro e confesso que cedi à hype e vou pôr esta pequerrucha no meu carrinho de compras quando a Sephora tiver os 20% de desconto em cartão, o que felizmente acontece muitas vezes!

» MUFE step 1 mattifying primer (25€) – primers aren't really my thing. There, I've said it! And what makes this even more problematic is the fact I was cursed blessed with oily skin which will prevent wrinkles in the future, but is hell to manage in my 20's. My problem is, I want to put as little on my skin as possible but my face can look a bit like it's been licked by a cow in 0.2 seconds flat sometimes, so finding a primer that can keep my pesky oils at bay is key! This one is very expensive for what it is but has great reviews, so... //  Primers não são de todo a minha onda, o que parece um crime nos dias de hoje. O que torna tudo isto mais problemático é o facto de ter pele oleosa, que vai ajudar muito a prevenir rugas no futuro mas é horrível de lidar aos 20! Quero pôr o mínimo de coisas na pele possível, mas os meus óleos gostam de aparecer durante o dia sem ser convidados portanto encontrar um primer que os consiga controlar q.b. é imperativo! Este é bem caro mas tem muito boas reviews, por isso vamos ver...

» MAC Ellie Goulding 'only you' lipstick (21.50€) – when I first heard about Ellie's collaboration with MAC, I was intrigued. I never gave a damn about the Ariana or Miley or Rihanna collections, because I knew they wouldn't be up my street, but I knew Ellie would come out with wearable, light tones that I could easily fall in love with... and I did. There's two shades, a pink one called 'Without Your Love' and a mid-tone coral one which is 'Only You'. Both were lovely and come in one of my favourite finishes, cremesheen, but I went with the latter, which my sweet, sweet friend managed to get hold of for me before it sold out and this baby will soon be on my lips... Eeeeek! // Quando ouvi pela primeira vez que a Ellie ia lançar uma coleção para a MAC, fiquei super curiosa. Nunca quis saber das coleções da Ariana, Miley ou Rihanna, já que elas não fazem o meu estilo, mas sabia que a Ellie ia trazer cores usáveis e claras que fazem mesmo o meu género. Dito e feito! Ela lançou duas cores, um batom rosa quente chamado 'Without Your Love' e um tom coral que é o 'Only You', o que acabei por comprar graças a uma amiga que o conseguiu para mim antes que esgotasse! É cremesheen, que adoro, e em breve estará nos meus lábios... Eeeeek!

» Urban Decay all nighter setting spray (27€) – another product that I refused to give into until now. I just thought, 'a spray? Really? How is spritzing my face with a mist going to help anything, especially if I'm already oily?!' but I figure, if everyone is raving about it and they say it actually helps make up stay in place longer, I'll give it a whirl. My slick face needs all the help it can get at the moment, anyway! // Mais um produto ao qual me recusei a aderir até agora. Eu olhava para aquilo e pensava, 'um spray? A sério? Como é que borrifar-me com um spray vai fazer com que a minha maquilhagem fique no sítio, especialmente quando já sou uma oleosinha?' mas depois pensei, há tanta e tanta gente com todos os tipos de pele a amar este produto, dizendo que realmente ajuda a maquilhagem a ficar quietinha no sítio, portanto não custa tentar, certo?

» Urban Decay naked concealer (21€) – going with the UD theme here, here's the number one product from the brand that I really wanna get my hands on. Until now, with the exception of my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer a bit, I haven't found one that really wowed me. I'm talking about a concealer that doesn't only hide my miserable dark circles and such, but also makes me look alive (ish) and well! This one has amazing reviews and it's high time I give it a go. // Continuando no tópico UD, aqui vai o produto da marca que eu quero mesmo experimentar. Até agora, à exceção do meu corretor Maybelline Age Rewind, não encontrei nenhum corretor que me deixasse verdadeiramente apaixonada, um que não só esconda as minhas olheiras miseráveis como também todas as imperfeições e que me faça parecer mais ou menos viva e de boa saúde! Este tem ótimas reviews portanto acho que está na hora de experimentar.

» bareminerals original matte foundation (30€) – mineral foundations, something I'm so keen on trying mainly because of my oily, sensitive skin. Somehow these always appeal to me more than liquid foundations but unfortunately, there's not many (or any, even) to choose from in Portugal. I really do want to give this bareminerals one a go this year, even if I have to order it online, because it has amazing reviews and seems right up my street! // Bases minerais são algo que já quero testar há muito, devido à minha pele oleosa e sensível. São muito mais apelativas, para mim, do que as bases líquidas (até tenho um certo medo dessas, para falar verdade), mas infelizmente não há oferta quase nenhuma em Portugal. Quero mesmo testar esta da bareminerals, que tem reviews fantásticas, só me falta encontrar um bom sítio por onde encomendar!

Comments

back to top