Essie obsession

Bahama 2
So, I was talking to my friend the other day and we both agreed on something: once you get your first Essie nail polish, you will always go back for another, and another after that, and so forth. That's what happened after I got Fiji! There's just something about Essie that stands out from other brands, the quality, the gorgeous colours, the easy application... Everything. So it was no surprise that when I spotted Bahama Mama, one of Essie's most loved shades, I picked it up on a whim and I don't regret it one bit!

Estava a falar com uma amiga no outro dia e chegamos a uma conclusão: depois de se comprar um verniz da Essie pela primeira vez, é quase certo que vamos voltar para comprar mais um, e mais outro, e mais... Vocês entendem. Foi isso que aconteceu depois de comprar o Fiji! Há algo na Essie que faz a marca distinguir-se das outras, talvez a qualidade excepcional dos vernizes, as cores liiiindas, o pincel super fácil de usar... Tudo. Não fiquei surpreendida, portanto, quando peguei no Bahama Mama, um dos best sellers da Essie, e o comprei quase instintivamente! 

Bahama 1

There's a time and a season for everything and a good dark plum nail polish is always a staple of mine during both autumn and winter. I've tried my fair share of dark nail polishes in my lifetime, but this one surpasses them all by a mile! First of all, it's not too dark (going around with black nail polish à la Kris Jenner is not really my thing, though she completely rocks it) but it's not too light, either. It's the perfect shade for these colder seasons and the formula, of course, does not disappoint!

Há uma altura do ano para tudo e um bom verniz escuro está quase sempre nas minhas unhas durante o outono e inverno. Já experimentei muitos vernizes destes na minha vida, mas este é, sem dúvida, o melhor que já comprei! Primeiro, não é demasiado escuro (andar com verniz preto à la Kris Jenner não é bem a minha onda, se bem que ela arrasa) mas também não é clarinho demais. É a cor perfeita para estes meses mais frios e a fórmula, é claro, não desilude!

Bahama 4

We've established I suck at painting nails, so let's move past this ordeal, shall we? Haha. No seriously, this nail polish is so easy to throw on that even I, nail-polish-klutz-extraordinaire, manage to do a half decent job! With this brush, it's hard to paint your own skin - like I normally do - and it's easy to get a precise stroke that covers your nail in one go. ONE! Can you imagine that?! Bliss! Though I do give it a second coat just to make it opaque and a tad darker, but that's totally up to you. And the wear time... oh, gosh, you guys. This nail polish gives me two weeks (!) of wear with minimal (and I mean practically any) chipping. Now that is a bang for your buck! :). 

Já percebemos que não tenho jeito nenhum para pintar unhas portanto vamos ultrapassar esta desgraça, sim? A sério, este verniz é tão fácil de usar que até eu, aquela pessoa que é capaz de pintar a unha e o dedo também, consegue fazer um trabalho bem bom! Com este píncel, é difícil pintar a nossa própria pele - como eu faço, tipo, sempre - e é fácil conseguir uma cobertura ótima só com uma passagem. UMA! Dá para acreditar? Ma-ra-vi-lha! Se bem que eu passo uma segunda vez só para tornar a cor bem opaca e um pouquinho mais escura, mas isso depende da vossa preferência. E o tempo que dura na unha? Minhas amigas... Em mim, este verniz dura-me duas semanas (!) sem descascar quase (e é mesmo quase) nada. Isso sim, é fazer valer os 10€ - choro - que gastam nele! :).

Bahama 3

All in all, this is one stupidly awesome nail polish that everyone should have as a basic in their collection, and I'm ever so grateful that my friend mentioned this to me! I'm already exploring other shades to get for spring/summer... Oh, 'tis gonna be a light one, my friends! All of the colours! All of the brightness! I cannot wait. As always, this is available at perfume shops and costs around 10€.

Este verniz é estupidamente maravilhoso e é um básico que todas deviam ter nas vossas coleções! Já estou a ver que outras cores comprar para a primavera/verão... Vai ser cor, claridade, luz! Mal posso esperar :). Como sempre, os vernizes da Essie estão disponíveis nas perfumarias Douglas e custam por volta de 10€.

Comments

back to top