Perfection Lumière Velvet

IMG_6451
So, I went to Sephora and... things happened. Naughty things happened. Well, actually, a naughty thing happened which is this Chanel baby. but... Instead of my usual rambling, I figured I'd go straight to the point with this one and answer the all-important question: is it worth the moneyYes, if what you're looking for is a light to medium finish and a feeling of a silky, perfected second skin (they don't call it velvet for nothing!). I wanted a foundation that didn't feel like a foundation, but that still gives me just enough coverage. I've had it for over two months so I can give an honest review on it, so let's get crackin'!

Em vez da minha habitual soltura verbal, achei por bem responder logo à pergunta mais importante: vale o investimento? Sim, se o que procuram é um acabamento leve a médio e uma sensação de segunda pele suave e aperfeiçoada (não se chama velvet por nada!). Queria uma base que não "parecesse" base, mas que ainda me desse boa cobertura. Bem cara para esse efeito, mas já a tenho há dois meses portanto posso falar dela ao detalhe... Vamos a isso?

With Without

Finish and consistency.
As the name would suggest, this has a beautiful velvet finish, without drying to a flat, dull matte. Suffice it to say, this foundation would be an absolute dream for combination to oily skinned gals who want to keep shine at bay without looking like a caked mess. This is water based, which means it has a very runny consistency that provides a lightweight feel. The second you spread this onto your skin, you're overcome by a divine smell (sensitive skins beware) while the product simply melts into your complexion, it's that easy to blend. I'd say that this is a foundation for someone with good skin and minimal imperfections to hide, so all the beautiful ladies who have acne scars or spots to cover, I'd skip this one.

Acabamento e consistência. Como o nome sugere, esta base tem um acabamento aveludado, sem se tornar naquele matte feio, sem luminosidade. Nem é preciso dizer que esta base é indicada para meninas com pele mista a oleosa (me!) e que queiram limitar os brilhos da pele, sem parecerem uma boneca de porcelana. Esta base é muito líquida, pelo que a devem abanar bem antes de usar. É uma base perfumada (cuidado, peles sensíveis!), mas o cheiro é muito agradável e a base funde-se muito bem com a pele. Devo dizer, porém, que é uma base para pessoas que não têm muito a "esconder", ou seja, poucas imperfeições ou borbulhas, etc, porque ela não as vai cobrir bem. Se é isso que procuram numa base, esta não é a indicada.

IMG_6463

Packaging. Some people would say it's outrageous to be spending 40€ on a foundation that comes in a plastic bottle and, to be fair, I would agree. I don't dislike compact packaging, but I absolutely hate that there's no pump, which is such a pet peeve of mine and, in my opinion, makes this look even cheaper. That sleek black and the Chanel logo, though...

Embalagem. Algumas pessoas diriam que é absurdo gastar 40€ numa base que venha numa embalagem de plástico e, verdade seja dita, concordo. Para além disso, não vem com um doseador, algo que pessoalmente odeio em bases porque a aplicação torna-se muito mais complicada. Mas, aquele preto sublime e o logo da Chanel...

IMG_5570

Shades and staying power. The shade selection is quite decent for pale skinned gals (if you don't live in Portugal, that is...). Since I do, I had to make do with 22 Beige Rosé - which is aimed at pink skin tones - even though I could've used number 12. Not too serious, though, because this isn't exceptionally dark and, well blended, goes by undetected. A little colour is nice if you don't want to look dead, am I right!? As for the staying power, this lasts well on my skin for about 6-7 hours before it starts to get oily on my T-zone and starts fading a bit in the oilier parts of my face but that's just something you gotta live with when you have oily skin, right? Sigh!

Cores e duração na pele. A seleção de cores é bem simpática para as meninas mais branquinhas (se não viver em Portugal, é claro...). Eu vivo, portanto tive que me contentar com a cor 22 Beige Rosé - como o nome indica, para os subtons mais rosados - ainda que o número 12 fosse mais indicado para a minha pele. Nada de grave, ainda assim, porque não é demasiado escura e, bem fundida na pele, ninguém nota. Um bocado de cor é bem-vinda, não é? Quanto à duração da base, ela aguenta bem 6-7 horas na minha pele antes de se começar a notar um pouco de brilho a tentar vir ao de cima, pelo que primer e pó são passos essenciais, mas tudo isto é normal com peles oleosas, certo?

IMG_6440

Price. This is quite a splurge, as you can probably predict - this is Chanel, after all. At 41€ a pop, it's not the cheapest alternative out there, but Sephora had a cheeky little 20% off sale going on and I couldn't resist scooping this one up. Overall it cost me 32€, which is still pretty steep but I'm very smitten with it so I'd say: so far, no regrets.

Preço. É um investimento, como podem imaginar - é Chanel, afinal de contas. Custa 41€ nas perfumarias, mas aproveitei os 20% de desconto em cartão que tinha na Sephora e não resisti. Feitas as contas, custou-me 32€, o que ainda é muito mas tenho gostado bastante dela por isso: no regrets!

Comments

back to top