Change Is In Our Hands

IMG_7709
Do you suffer from dry, cracked skin in your hands and feel as if they're as rough as sandpaper? Is helping the environment something you feel truly passionate about? If that's the case - and if I haven't scared you away with my QVC-esque speech - I have found the solution for you! 

Who else could it come from if not The Body Shop? My favourite stop for everything body, skin and eco-friendly, though I admit I wasn't familiar with TBS hand cream range until I saw the revamped packaging of their best selling Hemp Hand Protector and I immediately wanted to have it. It's designed by famous graffiter EINE and 2€ out of the 13€ go to a cause of your choice - saving the planet, animals or the oceans. Doesn't that just warm your heart right up?! Reason #12752 why I love TBS.

As vossas mãos são secas, com a pele quase rachada e que mais parece lixa? Cuidar e ajudar a salvar o planeta é um dos vossos objetivos? Se esse é o caso - e se não vos assustei com o meu discurso à la televendas a vender-vos banha de cobra - então encontrei o produto para vocês!

Quem mais poderia ser se não a The Body Shop? O meu lugar favorito para tudo relacionado com cuidados de corpo, pele, tudo amigo do ambiente. Mas me confesso, não conhecia a gama de cremes de mão. Não sei como, mas é verdade. Vi por aí o creme de mãos de cânhamo, best seller há anos na TBS, com uma nova 'cara', desenhada pelo grafitter EINE, em que 2€ dos 13€ revertem para uma causa que vos diga algo - salvar o planeta, animais ou oceanos. Razão #12752 pela qual amo a TBS - check!

IMG_7703

Now let's get down to the details. I'm not really a fan of hand creams in the first place because I hate that sticky, greasy feeling they leave behind that makes it impossible to fumble with my phone and do life in general. Not with this one, though! Nothing, zero, zilch. All that's left is a feeling of immediate relief and hands so soft, so moisturised and so pretty. You heard that right: immediate. As for the smell, it's not the nicest out there, I admit. I much prefer the almond scent they also carry, but this one isn't bad or overpowering at all. It's very creamy, enriched with hemp seeds that hydrate and create a barrier between your hands and the environment - even water! - so you never lose moisture.

O meu problema com os cremes de mãos sempre foi aquela sensação pegajosa que deixam para trás, que não nos deixa mexer no telemóvel nem nada. Com este, não há nada disso! Nada, nadinha, nicles, o que fica é apenas uma sensação de alívio imediato e umas mãos logo mais hidratadas, suaves e bonitas. Disse bem: imediato. Quanto ao cheiro, não é o mais agradável, confesso, prefiro muito mais o creme de amêndoa que eles também vendem, mas passado um bocado já nem se sente e não é incomodativo. A loção é muito cremosa e rica em óleo de sementes de cânhamo, que hidratam as mãos e criam uma barreira entre estas e o ambiente - até a água! - pelo que nunca se perde a hidratação.

IMG_7725


Guys, I know I'm probably not giving you any breaking news if you're familiar with the Hemp Hand Protector from The Body Shop, but if you don't... Run, not walk, to your nearest TBS, drool over the new limited edition packaging and try it on your hands. I promise you they'll feel like what I imagine princess hands feel like. 

Eu sei que provavelmente nem vos vou estar a dar novidade nenhuma, mas eu não conhecia o creme milagroso de cânhamo da The Body Shop até agora e sinceramente sinto que as minhas mãos estão a gritar comigo por isso. Caso não conheçam, corram, não andem, até à vossa loja mais próxima e experimentem. Garanto-vos que as vossas mãos mais vão parecer mãos de princesa. 

Comments

back to top