Liquid Camouflage

IMG_7675
Good morning loves! Today I'm bringing you a review of a popular little concealer on the interwebs as of late - Catrice's Liquid Camouflage. It so happens that my beloved Maybelline Instant Age Rewind is on its death bed (cries compulsively!) and it's a little hard to get hold of it here in Portugal, so I researched and researched and researched the webs for reviews on the best concealers out there and, just as I was about to splurge on the Naked Skin concealer by Urban Decay, I spotted this little gem. My thoughts on it coming right up...

Bom diaaa! Hoje é dia de review de um dos concealers que mais tem aparecido na web recentemente - o Liquid Camouflage da Catrice. O meu Instant Age Rewind da Maybelline está pela hora da morte (choro compulsivo) e é bastante difícil de comprar aqui em Portugal, pelo que me mandei pela web fora à procura de um novo corretor. Pesquisei, pesquisei, pesquisei (sim, é verdade) e, logo quando estava decidida em arriscar no Naked Skin da Urban Decay, deparei-me com este pequerrucho. Ora vamos por partes.

IMG_7687

What Catrice claims: 'Liquid, high coverage and ultra-long lasting concealer. Perfectly camouflages under-eye circles, spots and even tattoos. Water proof.' - Whoa there, mister. Bold claims there. But does it perform? Uhm, YES! Holy, you guys, this thing can cover stuff up! I don't know about tattoos, as I don't have them to test out, but as for under-eye circles, this bad boy erases them right up! I don't have any spots at the moment to test this out on them, either, but if this can cover up my (massive) bags, it can cover up a pesky little spot in no time. Oh, and it doesn't crease!

O que a Catrice diz: 'Corretor líquido, de alta cobertura e duradouro. Esconde perfeitamente olheiras, borbulhas e até tatuagens. À prova de água.' - Isto promete... Mas cumpre? Oh, se cumpre! Gente, este corretor cobre mesmo! Quanto às tatuagens não posso dizer, porque não as tenho, mas quanto às olheiras... puff, desaparecem com uma boa camada, e acreditem que as minhas mais parecem crateras às vezes! Quanto a borbulhas, não tenho nenhuma de momento para testar, mas se isto consegue cobrir os meus buracos negros debaixo dos olhos (ew), uma borbulha não será problema. Ah, e não acumula!

IMG_7688


Shades. Well, there was bound to be a negative aspect or two when things are going so well, am I right? The shade range on this concealer is quite appalling, if I'm honest. Not for me, pale girl extraordinaire, but for the really tanned babes out there, this one is kind of a miss. The shades I have seen in store are 010 Porcelain (white! It's whiiiite!) and 020 Light Beige. How ridiculous is that? Seriously, Catrice, help them tanned babes out. Either way, 010 Porcelain was waaay too light for me, so I had to go for 020 Light Beige, which is a match for me despite its yellow undertone (I'm pink toned).

Cores. Bem, há sempre de existir uma desvantagem quando as coisas estão a correr, não é? A gama de cores neste corretor é francamente ridícula, sinceramente. Não para mim, Branca de Neve personificada, mas as meninas mais morenas... é melhor procurarem noutro lado. As cores que vi são 010 Porcelain (é branco, é tinta branca!) e 020 Light Beige. A sério, Catrice? Bom, escolhi o 020 Light Beige, que é o meu tom de pele neste momento, apesar do subtom ser amarelado (sou mais pink toned).

Overall I'm really pleased with this purchase. In comparison with my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer, this one is definitely more drying on the skin but it covers everything up very well; in terms of undertone, this has a yellow undertone whereas the Maybelline one was definitely geared towards the pinks (I'm more of a neutral with a bit of pink). But the price is unbeatable: just 4€ and you get a ton of product in this baby!

De um modo geral estou muito contente com esta compra. Comparativamente ao meu corretor da Maybelline, o Age Rewind, este é mais seco e 'duro' de trabalhar, por assim dizer, enquanto que o outro é mais hidratante. Em termos de subtom, este é mais amarelado e o outro mais rosado, mas como a minha pele é mais neutra (tanto puxa para o rosa como para o amarelo) não me chateia. Mas o melhor é mesmo o preço: 4€ e uma carrada de produto. Imbatível!

Comments

back to top