The Pink Leather Jacket

2016-07-05 001 046
If you told 16 year old me I'd one day be wearing a pink biker jacket, I would've told you to get your head checked out. I think most girls went through that 'pink is abhorrent' phase at some point in our lives and we kind of drifted away from the girly pink hues, favouring more black and 'grown up' colours. 

Lately, though, I've been swept away by this pink fever. Pink bags, pink shoes, pink tops, pink jackets... Pink everything! I just can't get enough. I resisted this leather jacket for so long, even though I'd been dreaming about a jacket in this shade for ages, but EVERYONE (!) and their mum bought it and I hate blending in, haha. In classic me fashion, I waited until it was sold out virtually everywhere before I decided I needed it in my life desperately - and I luckily stumbled upon a lonely size S, lost among the sale chaos. I wasted no time and bought it on the spot! 

Firstly, I adooooore this shade of pink! It's a gorgeous muted pink that is not at all in your face, and it'll go beautifully with all the white, light grey and even black in my wardrobe. Secondly, the material is stunning! The leather is uber soft and it fits like a dream. I could've probably used an XS in this, but I can't complain when I left it this late to get it... 

Se dissessem à menina Francisca de 16 anos que ela, um dia mais tarde, iria comprar um casaco cor de rosa, ela iria dizer-vos para se irem internar. Penso que quase todas as raparigas passaram por aquela fase de ódio ao cor de rosa – talvez por ser uma cor que nos foi impingida desde muito cedo – e a verdade é que estivemos afastados um bom par de anos. 

Mas, ultimamente... Nem sei, ando varrida por uma febre cor de rosa bem grave. Malas rosa, sapatos rosa, tops rosa, casacos rosa, batons rosa, TUDO rosa! Resisti a este casaco de cabedal durante um bom par de meses, apesar de já andar há procura de um casaco assim há anos, mas tudo que é rapariga andava a comprá-lo e ir atrás dos outros dá-me comichão, haha. Como não podia deixar de ser, deixei-o esgotar em quase todo o lado até decidir que precisava desesperadamente dele na minha vida – por sorte, encontrei um “S” solitário no meio do caos dos saldos da Zara e comprei-o imediatamente! 

Adoro este tom de rosa! É um rosa bem subtil que não é nada ofensivo e vai ficar super bem com todo o branco, cinza claro e até preto no meu armário. O material também é maravilhoso – o “cabedal” é super macio e assenta como uma luva. Provavelmente era melhor o XS, mas como deixei a compra ficar para tão tarde, não me posso queixar...

Comments

  1. This jacket is gorgeous, I've definitely been embracing my inner Elle Woods lately, every shade of pick is talking to me, which is very un-me haha. I just wish Zara did bigger sizes :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know, Zara sizes don't cater to all women unfortunately... Nor is it too true to size, which is a real shame :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this jacket, there is also a blue one, green, yellow!

    www.stayclassi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top