on the hunt for the perfect skincare products

Wishlist
Hiiiii guysssss! I'm finally on summer break, woohoo! I couldn't be happier to finally be able to get some rest after not having a break since January. Now I'm thinking of taking a few months off to get my energy levels back up and then start working again. 

In the meantime, though, I'm gonna have more time to go shopping (a disaster waiting to happen, if you ask me...) and properly look for new awesome products to buy. First on my list: a good base! Be it foundation or a BB/CC cream (my personal preference), and a good moisturiser, I want to get my skin in tiptop shape after being really harsh and unlovely to it for the last couple months  

Since my skin has been acting up a lot lately, thanks to stress, crappy diet and some stupid makeup decisions, I want it to go back to the healthy, spotless clean base I had prior to this whole mess. I put together a list of a few products I want to try, most of them have really great reviews here on the web - yep, I'm that kinda girl who spends hours geeking out and reading product reviews online  

Finalmente de fériaaaas! Não podia estar mais feliz por finalmente descansar um bocadinho, o meu corpo já está tão roto e cansado que se tivesse de trabalhar mais um mês, não sei o que era de mim ! Felizmente já posso dormir descansada e dar descanso aos meus dedinhos (jornalismo online problems...), com uns mesinhos de férias pela frente!

Entretanto, para não dar em maluca, lá terei de me aventurar numas comprinhas de vez em quando e procurar novos produtos para testar. Primeiro na minha lista: um bom hidratante e uma boa base, seja ela base mesmo ou um BB/CC cream (os meus preferidos). Quero certificar-me que a minha pele fica em bom estado depois de a ter tratado tãããão mal nos últimos meses - dieta péssima, muito stress e noites mal dormidas, maquilhagem terrível... Para tal juntei uma listinha de produtos que quero muiiito experimentar!

~

Moisturisers/Hidratantes:

Foundations and BB/CC creams:

Face Masks/Máscaras de Rosto:
5. Caudalíe Instant Detox Mask

~

As for moisturisers, I'm very picky. My skin is both oily and sensitive, so I'm always extremely cautious with what I lather on my skin. For that reason, I stuck to two moisturisers, one I've used before and one I've read amazing reviews about. I'm curious to try the Effaclar MAT (14,79€), which is supposedly amazing for controlling shine, but my beloved Avène Mattifying Fluid (18,64€) has served me SO well before, so I'm definitely repurchasing this one very soon.

Quanto a hidratantes, confesso que sou muito picuinhas. A minha pele oleosa e sensível não me deixa usar qualquer coisa, por isso tenho muito cuidado com o que ponho no meu rosto. Por isso, escolhi dois cremes, um que já usei e outro que quero experimentar: o Effaclar MAT (14,79€ na Wells e farmácias) tem reviews fantásticas acerca do seu controlo espetacular dos brilhos, mas o meu querido Fluído Matificante da Avène (18,64€ na Wells e farmácias) tratou a minha pele tããão bem que com certeza vou voltar a comprar.

When it comes to foundations and BB/CC creams, that's where my fear really lies. After breaking out so bad due to Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - seriously, my face was a mess like I've never seen before, and it's still healing! - I'm currently using the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup. I absolutely love it, but the shades are problematic and I'm looking for alternatives. My favourite option so far is Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Opal (17€)

Quando se fala de bases, aí é que a coisa se complica. Depois do que o CC cream da Bourjois fez à minha cara, que ainda não está 100% recuperada, tenho muito medo de usar bases e afins. Ultimamente tenho usado a Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup da Clinique (review aqui) e tenho gostado mesmo muito. O único problema são as cores, já que a mais clara que vendem em Portugal é muito clara para mim. Por isso, procurei alternativas, sendo que a Dermablend da Vichy na cor Opal (17€ na Wells ou online) é a minha preferida. 

Last but not least, face masks. I don't really wear face masks often, but this new Caudalíe release seems too good to pass up. Since my skin has been pretty poopy lately, I could really use a deep cleanse every so often to unclog pores and make everything more supple and clean. This mask, as the name points out, is a detox for your face, and God knows I need that! Caudalíe Instant Detox Mask (20€, online).

E, por fim, máscaras de rosto. Não uso frequentemente, confesso, mas o estado da minha pele ultimamente pede uma limpeza mais profunda para desentupir os poros e limpar em profundidade o rosto. Esta máscara, como o nome indica, faz uma "desintoxicação" do rosto, e Deus sabe como preciso disso como pão para a boca, haha. Caudalíe Instant Detox Mask (20€, apenas online).

Comments

back to top