Strawberry kissed

Sephora 3
Sephora 2
I don't want to use that ol' cliché of, "if you haven't heard about this product, you must be living under a rock" and all, but really... You have heard about Sephora's matte lip stains, haven't you? Well, if you by any chance haven't, here's your opportunity! 

Quem ainda não ouviu falar dos lip stains da Sephora?! É muito fácil esquecer a própria linha da marca quando entramos na loja e vemos marcas como Urban Decay, Benefit, Make Up For Ever, Too Faced, entre muitas outras. Mas, do outro lado, há uma multidão de produtos a preços bem apetecíveis e que são uma alternativa bem boa aos mais caros. É o caso dos batons líquidos da Sephora! 

I first got my hands on these babies last autumn, around the time I started getting into make up (I'm a late bloomer in that aspect, I know...). But - rather daringly, I'd say - I picked up a bold red matte lip stain on my first go. It's in #1 Always Red, the first shade in the range, and it's a really bold, in-your-face kind of red that compliments any skin tone. Given my infatuation with it, I figured it was time to invest in a sister for that lonely lip stain (I'll find any excuse to buy more make up), so I thought I'd go for a colour that I'm obsessed with lately: a deep pink. Let me introduce you to #3 Strawberry Kissed (12€)! 

Comprei o meu primeiro lip stain desta linha no outono passado, quando comecei verdadeiramente a gostar de maquilhagem (antes era uma tarefa!). Ainda assim - com muita coragem, diria! - comprei logo o #1 Always Red, um vermelho forte, bem matte, que fica bem em qualquer tipo de pele, especialmente nas meninas mais branquinhas (eu!). Gostei tanto dele que tive que lhe dar uma irmãzinha - arranja-se qualquer desculpa para comprar mais maquilhagem... - e assim veio comigo para casa o #3 Strawberry Kissed (12€). É um amooor! 

Sephora 1

For reference, here's how they look side to side. On the left we have Always Red, a matte bold classic red, and on the right, Strawberry Kissed, which is more of a bright pinky red, as Sephora perfectly describes. These lip stains smell amazing, are so easy to glide on because of their sponge tip - similar to a gloss, so it's easy to control the application - and dry to a matte finish almost instantly. Now, you do have to make sure your lips are nice and moisturised prior to application (I use the Neutrogena lip balm and occasionally a lip scrub), but these aren't that drying if your lips are in good condition and not super dry. After they are on, they do not budge at all and will stay on for the rest of the day, eating and drinking included! I simply adore this product and I already have another one on my wishlist: #13 Marvellous Mauve, which would be gorgeous for autumn. Aaaaaah! 

Para comparação, coloquei os dois no meu braço: à esquerda, temos o Always Red, um vermelho vivo bem matte, e à direita, o Strawberry Kissed, um rosa vivo e avermelhado. O cheirinho é óptimo, a aplicação super fácil devido à esponja semelhante a um gloss e estes secam num acabamento matte que dura o dia todo. É claro que, como com qualquer outro produto matte, é importante que os nossos lábios estejam bem hidratados antes da aplicação, senão o batom só irá acentuar a sua secura, mas basta-me usar o meu bálsamo da Neutrogena e esfoliar os lábios de vez em quando e fica óptimo! O batom dura o dia todo - comida e bebida incluída! Já tenho mais um na minha lista, o #13 Marvellous Mauve, que acho que será perfeito para o outono. Aaaah! 

IMG_4960

Comments

back to top