Stop Everything! I’ve Found The Best Self Tan Ever


I like to think of myself as quite the self tan connoisseur. I've trialled and tested many self tanners in my lifetime and I have encountered every possible outcome: Cheeto orange limbs, streaky messes, looking like a mild version of Shrek and even a tan turning grey on me. Mega babe, obviously! 

I've always had Loving Tan on the back of my mind. I've wanted to try this for YEARS, but I didn't want to risk being hit with nasty customs (the brand is based in Australia), so I kind of thought I'd never be able to get my mitts (pun intended) on it. BUT THEN. Oh, then. Cult Beauty, a.k.a. my life, recently started stocking Loving Tan! Cue: not so silent screams of glee! 'Hooray, I'm finally going to be a golden goddess!', I told myself. So, does this live up to my wild expectations? I'm sure you can guess by the title that it does!

Gosto de pensar que sou uma expert em autobronzeadores. Já testei muitos nestes 22 anos de vida e já me deparei com os mais variados resultados: pele cor de Cheeto, pele de zebra cor de laranja, pele à la Shrek e até um autobronzeador que virou cinzento! Resumidamente, sei logo ver quando um autobronzeador é bom ou não.

Uma marca que sempre quis experimentar é a Loving Tan. Este é o autobronzeador favorito de quase tudo que é YouTuber e blogger americana e australiana, e os resultados deixavam-me sempre com um pingo de baba a escorrer de tão invejosa que ficava! No entanto, nunca quis arriscar encomendar e levar com um estalo da alfândega na trombinha (como acontece com tudo que vem dos EUA), por isso lá fiquei no meu canto. Até que... A Cult Beauty, também conhecida como a minha loja favorita da vida, começou a vender este néctar dos deuses! 'Aleluia, Deus no céu, já vou poder ser uma deusa bronzeada!', pensei para mim. Será que valeu a espera? Acho que já conseguiram ver que sim!



The first thing I noticed about this self tan is the fact it smells INCREDIBLE! I'd never tried a self tan that had such a pleasant smell, it's like a gorgeous coconut-y holiday smell (worst description ever, but you know). The famous biscuit whiff does come out an hour later or so, but since I like to tan at night and sleep with it on, it barely registers with me and the smell is so faint that it doesn't bother me at all!

One thing I have to say though is that this tan dries FAST – when I say fast, I mean in 60 seconds or less, so you do have to work quickly! However, you do get a pretty good guide colour to avoid streaks and going over the same area twice, which is a major plus with this product. Of course shaving and exfoliating a day prior are a must, as well as slathering a good moisturiser on your knees, elbows, feet, ankles and wrists, because those are the driest areas of your body and the ones who pick up excess tan the most!

A primeira coisa que reparei acerca deste autobronzeador (para além da embalagem rosinha e luxe) foi o cheiro incrível! Nunca experimentei um autobronzeador com um cheiro tão bom, quase a côco e a férias nas Caraíbas! Aquele cheiro a biscoito queimado só surge, muito levemente e quase impercetível, quando já estou na cama (gosto de colocar autobronzeador antes de dormir), portanto é incrível.

Outra coisa: este autobronzeador seca RÁPIDO – quando digo rápido, é quase 60 segundos ou menos, portanto há que espalhar rápido! Porém, o produto traz uma cor de guia escura que vos deixa ver onde aplicaram, de forma a não passarem pela mesma área duas vezes. É claro que a depilação e esfoliação é um must um dia antes, assim como espalhar uma boa camada de creme hidratante nos joelhos, cotovelos, pés, tornozelos e pulsos, porque são as zonas mais secas do corpo e aquelas que absorvem mais produto, sendo que o hidratante forma uma 'barreira' entre a mousse e a pele.



(Excuse the different lighting in this photo, I promise I didn't edit it at all – the photo on the left was taken at 7 p.m. before I applied the tan and the photo on the right is how the tan looked the morning after, just before I showered the excess off!)

I went with the colour Medium to start, since I'm quite fair and I didn't want to look like Tan Mum right off the bat, haha! I'm really glad I went with Medium though, it gave me a gorgeous sunkissed glow that looks super natural and healthy! It's definitely the shade I'd recommend for beginners or very fair people.

Another thing that has me completely sold on Loving Tan is the fact it fades SO evenly – if you're a regular self tan user you'll know that when a tan fades, it can sometimes leave orange patches and streaks all over your body. This one, however, fades like a regular holiday tan would, which has me so impressed! The colour lasted a good 5-6 days on me, so I can't complain!

Overall I'd say I've found my favourite tan ever, I'm so thrilled with the results I got from Loving Tan and it has completely exceeded my expectations! I'm looking to try the Dark mousse next, as well as the Shimmer Cream and their gorgeous mitt.

Optei pela cor Medium, porque sou uma pequena lulinha e não queria ficar tipo a Tan Mum logo de uma vez. Ainda bem que o fiz, porque o Medium deu-me um aspeto bronzeado e beijado pelo sol que é super natural e saudável! Recomendo esta cor a todas as principiantes e a quem tem pele clarinha.

Outra coisa que me fez bater o coração mais rapidinho foi o facto de o bronzeado desvanecer naturalmente. Ora, quem usa autobronzeadores sabe que há um risco muito grande de o bronze desaparecer às riscas laranjas, o que é uma caca. Esta, porém, desaparece da mesma forma que um bronze natural, so yay! Dura entre 5 a 6 dias em mim, portanto não me posso queixar.

No geral, posso dizer-vos que encontrei o meu autobronzeador favorito da vida! Estou apaixonada pelos resultados e a Loving Tan excedeu as minhas expectativas! Estou mortinha por testar a cor Dark e também o Shimmer Cream e a luva deluxe deles.

Comments

back to top