My Summer Essentials



Holidays are right around the corner and I've been going a bit cray with the holiday shopping lately! I really can't help myself though, these last couple of weeks have been kinda crappy so shopping for bright and colourful pieces is the best way to cheer oneself up, right?

So today I'm sharing some of my beach bag contents and holiday fashion essentials! Don't tell me that colourful photo up there doesn't put you in a better mood...

As férias estão aí à porta e tenho andado um bocado maluquinha nas compras! Não consigo evitar, fazer compras para as férias é um dos meus hobbies favoritos e não dá mesmo para resistir a estas cores vivas que pedem mar e sol, pois não?

Ora, hoje partilho algumas das coisas que vou levar comigo para férias, tanto na mala como na bolsinha de maquilhagem (que, como é óbvio, vão a abarrotar!).

Bikinis, swimsuits and all the beachwear



Let's get the obvious out of the way: bikinis, bikinis, bikinis! I can't get enough of all the pretty combinations that come out each year and I've already purchased my first pair of the season – I couldn't resist this frilly Santorini inspired top from Boohoo or these gorgeous crochet Brazilian bottoms from ASOS! How pretty are they?

To be fair, though, I do love a good swimsuit and, on occasion, I even prefer them to bikinis! Oysho are my top choice for gorgeous swimsuits and I managed to snap up this beautiful printed one. Can't wait to rock it at the beach!

In terms of beachwear and such, I'm very basic. I do love my kaftans, beach dresses and the like but, if all else fails, there's always my beloved swimsuit and jeans shorts combo. When it comes to footwear, I tend to deviate from the usual flip flops. I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea (they weren't even mine at first and most of my family hates them except my nan), but I've been loving the Birkenstock dupes from Oysho! I snapped up this white pair in the sale and I love them, but I also have my eye on the gold version.

Vamos arrumar já com o óbvio: biquínis, bíquínis, bíquínis! Não me canso das combinações lindas que saem todos os anos e já comprei os meus primeiros pares da época – não consegui resistir a este padrão de azulejo da Boohoo ou a estas micro cuequinhas brasileiras da ASOS! Lindas demais.

Para vos dizer a verdade, gosto muito de um bom fato de banho – às vezes até os prefiro a um biquíni! A Oysho é a minha loja de eleição para encontrar fatos de banho lindos a preços acessíveis e consegui deitar as patinhas a este lindão. Ansiosa para o usar!


No que toca a roupa de praia, confesso que sou um bocado básica. Gosto muito dos meus kaftans, vestidos e praia e afins, mas se tudo falhar, não há como errar com a combinação fato de banho/calções de ganga! Quanto ao calçado, costumo fugir ao clássico chinelinho de dedo... Bem sei que as Birkenstock não são para todos, mas adoro estas dupes da Oysho! Comprei as brancas há pouco tempo nos saldos, mas ainda tenho as douradas debaixo de olho.

When I'm on holiday, I like to keep my makeup on the bare minimum. I tend to favour tinted moisturisers and the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is a fab option, considering it's got SPF 30 and an array of shades. I also love using cream products during Summer as they give a gorgeous glow that you can't really achieve with powders – I especially swear by the L'Oréal Cushion de Soleil bronzer, it's so natural and gives the most gorgeous sun kissed glow. I also love a good liquid highlighter (Marc Jacobs' Dew Drops are amazing) and a bright lipstick is pretty much mandatory! I love reaching for Kidman's Kiss by Charlotte Tilbury, it's such a flattering petal pink and pairs beautifully with white clothing.

As for body creams, well... They're my ride or die year round. No joke, I wear three on rotation and my favourite ones are the Rituals summer body creams with shimmer (the Ritual of Karma one is my everything) and my heavenly Brazilian Bum Bum Cream by Sol de Janeiro – the smell is addictive and the glow it gives to your body is out of this universe!

Quando estou de férias mantenho sempre a minha maquilhagem no mínimo dos mínimos. Gosto de apostar em cremes com cor – o Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser da NARS é uma opção excelente, especialmente devido à proteção solar de 30. Gosto também de usar e abusar nos produtos em creme, porque dão um glow lindo à pele que não conseguimos obter com produtos em pó. Para isso, uso o meu bronzer Cushion de Soleil da L'Oréal, é super natural e confere aquele aspeto beijado pelo sol. Adoro também um bom iluminador líquido (as Dew Drops do Marc Jacobs são maravilhosas!) e um batom forte é basicamente obrigatório! Amo de paixão o Kidman's Kiss da Charlotte Tilbury, porque é um batom forte mas ao mesmo tempo elegante e feminino.


Quanto aos cremes de corpo, uso e abuso e volto a abusar o ano todo! Juro-vos que tenho três em rotação e apesar de os meus favoritos serem da Rituals, há um creme que me roubou o coração – o Bum Bum da Sol de Janeiro! O cheiro é único e maravilhoso, enquanto a pele fica hidratada e nada pegajosa o dia inteirinho! Sephora, toca a vendê-lo cá se faz favor!

Comments

back to top