How Charlotte Tilbury Converted Me To Liquid Lipsticks


I feel like I should start this review by saying I hate liquid lipsticks. I hate the feeling of chalky, dry, "butt hole" lips (I'm sorry), so I never gravitate towards any sort of long wear lipstick of any brand, ever. That is, of course, until Charlotte Tilbury released her own. Now, we all know that I'm Charlotte's number one fan and whatever she does, I'll most likely love (except the Magic Foundation. I hated the Magic Foundation). So when I heard she was coming out with her own line of liquid lipsticks, I had an argument with my brain and basically said I HAD TO HAVE THEM, even though the rational side of me reminded me I hate the bloody things. Since there's no stopping me when it comes to the Tilbs, I quickly went on her website the morning they launched (yes, I'm sad), spent 1 hour deciding on the shade (how many nudes are too many?!) and finally clicked it home.



In the end I went for the shade Rising Star, a warm pink, after clicking in and out of Charlotte Darling (a beige nude) and Best Actress (a brown nude) about 27 times, because no nude is the same shade, okay?!

So Charlotte claims the reason these lipsticks are so fantastic is because she herself hates the dry, cracking, butt hole lip look (yay!). She formulated these with Hyaluronic Acid – arguably my favourite ingredient ever – to plump, sea lavender, beeswax and collagen boosting extracts. It all sounds amazing, but are these really that comfortable to wear on a full day at work? Let me just say... I want every. Single. One. 

Trust me, I wouldn't bullshit you on this. I hate drying lipsticks and not even Charlotte herself could convince me otherwise if these turned out drying as hell, so I'm very happy to report that these are the most comfortable liquid lipsticks I have ever tried! They feel like absolutely nothing on the lips because of the moussey texture and last for the whole day – but they sadly don't survive a greasy (but delicious) Pizza Hut meal.


The applicator is pretty genius, too: the tip is curved to fill in the lips perfectly and the tip has a slight edge which allows you to line and contour the lips, making them appear fuller. I kid you not! If I had to point out a negative, it would be the shades dry down darker than they appear on the site. The shade I got, Rising Star, promises to be a warm pink and it looks on the light side on the model swatches, which always served me right in the past, but it dries down to a darker warm pink than I anticipated.


The price is, as always, on the high end spectrum of things. These will set you back £24 (32€), but the quality is undeniable and I feel they're very much worth the investment. Will I be replacing my beloved Matte Revolution rose gold bullets? Nope, but I WILL be getting more shades of these... Nude ones, obvs. 

Comments

back to top