The Unsung Self Tanning Hero You Need To Try


Pardon me guys, but why did no one tell me about this Bioderma self tan?! I'm genuinely hurt because this stuff is bloody incredible! The official name of this can of wonder is actually Phytoderm Autobronzant (yes, everything does sound better in French), but we'll just call it the closest thing to a Kim Kardashian jet bronze, ever.

And just in case you think I'm overreacting, which you probably are – I've tried almost everything, from St. Tropez to Vita Liberata to Loving Tan, but no other self tan has made me look this glowy and naturally bronzed before!

Desculpem lá, mas porque é que ninguém me deu a conhecer este autobronzeador da Bioderma?! Estou mesmo sentida convosco, porque esta coisinha é mágica! O nome oficial é Phytoderm Autobronzant (sim, tudo soa melhor em francês), mas vamos chamar-lhe de 'coisa mais próxima de um jet bronze digno da Kim Kardashian de todo o sempre'. Pronto, já disse.

E caso estejam a pensar que estou a exagerar, o que é muito provável, saibam que já experimentei de tudo – St. Tropez, Vita Liberata, Loving Tan... Mas a cor e facilidade de uso deste aubronzeador batem-nos todas aos pontos.

What It Is


This is a spray self tanner, which is uncharted territory for me, but I was so intrigued by the fabulous reviews that I decided to jump the gun (it also helped that it was 35% off, but you know). In typical Francisca fashion, I couldn't wait and sprayed myself the same night I got it. 'The smell is a bit funky', I thought. 'Oooh, this feels very cooling and fresh, I like it', I said, seconds before I nearly slipped and hit my head on the sink. Friendly advice: put a towel on the floor and stand on it if you want to avoid major slippage, because the spray is a little wet. And that was that! I did my legs, my upper body and I even sprayed my face, because this is meant for sensitive skin and Bioderma has never done me wrong. I did just one coat to start with, because I wanted to really see how it would develop the following day.

Este é um autobronzeador em spray, o que só de si é capaz de meter medo à mais experiente utilizadora de um bronzeado em caneca. No entanto, fiquei tão curiosa com algumas reviews maravilhosas que fui lendo que não resisti a experimentar (é claro que os 35% de desconto no Jumbo ajudaram e muito). E, como é óbvio, não seria eu se não me borrifasse logo no mesmo dia em que o comprei, qual criança impaciente na noite de Natal. 'Tem um cheiro um bocado estranho', pensei, antes de me borrifar por tudo quanto era canto. Depois, só tive tempo de registar a sensação de frescura antes de escorregar e quase bater com a cabeça no bidé. Conselho de amiga: coloquem uma toalha aos vossos pés para evitar escorreganços na casa de banho, uma vez que a bruma é húmida. E pronto – espalhei pelas pernas, pelos braços, pela barriga e até pela cara, uma vez que a bruma é indicada para peles sensíveis e a Bioderma nunca me deixou ficar mal.

The Results


Well, I was shocked, to say the least! You don't wake up looking like you've just come back from the Bahamas upon first application, but as this is a gradual tan, you begin to look more golden and bronzed as the day goes on – not a cheeto looking limb in sight! – whilst still looking very, very natural. What's more, you can use it safely on the face and it makes you look super healthy and not permanently ill (a look I've had to deal with for years). Win, win, bloomin' win all around!

My process goes a little like this – apply the mist two (sometimes three) days in a row and let the colour develop. It fades super naturally and it looks SO gorgeous for the remainder of the week!

Quanto aos resultados, digo-vos que fiquei chocada! Não se acorda na manhã seguinte com aquele ar de quem passou duas semanas de rabo para o ar nas Bahamas, mas como é um bronzeador gradual, ficamos mais douradinhas e bonitas à medida que o tempo vai passando. E mais, como é seguro usar este autobronzeador na cara, parecem mais saudáveis e bonitas sem qualquer makeup! Bye bye, aspeto de doente permanente.

O meu processo é mais ao menos este – aplicar a bruma duas (às vezes três) vezes por semana e deixar a cor desenvolver. Desvanece de forma super natural e fica linda, linda, linda durante essa semana toda!

Comments

back to top